Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun Solar powered dot that fits MOS cut out

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It's mostly clear, as those are standard height sights.
    If you get a chance, can you throw up a pic?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    If you get a chance, can you throw up a pic?
    Bad photo below:
    Name:  20220531_173643.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  17.5 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

might send it back, IMHO it sits a bit too low for suppressor use:
    Name:  20220604_074544.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  31.8 KBName:  20220604_074453.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  43.6 KB

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    might send it back, IMHO it sits a bit too low for suppressor use:
    Name:  20220604_074544.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  31.8 KBName:  20220604_074453.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  43.6 KB
    Probably can still use it in the same way that you can use low irons with a suppressor - just cover the target.

That said this looks like a great choice for just about every other application.

Considering I didn't want to mess around with suppressor height sights or plates, this is just what I wanted.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    might send it back, IMHO it sits a bit too low for suppressor use
    For pistols I got around that issue with an eccentric can.

You can also just use it like an occluded optic superimposition too.

I’m hoping to finally get my new 19.5 MOS and SCS to the range to sight in - I need to figure out what I’ll use for my CHL test, too.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The SCS worked quite well in the limited test that I gave it today, about 120 rounds. It points up the need for me to start serious training with a RDS.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I went to my local Blue Label Glock dealer to put a G19.5 MOS on layaway. There were a few SCS's sitting on the shelf. They had a demo mounted and I was able to play with it for a minute(they were closing soon). The green seems BRIGHT compared to my DPP red dot so the auto-adjust worked well inside the store. The normal Glock sights looked too tall, to me, but it was only a few seconds of looking through it then a nitwit walked in front of where I was pointing. Hopefully, the one I ordered from Holosun shows up soon.
    --Jason--

I got a hold of one of these and put it on a Glock 45 MOS that is my primary testing gun. It was kinda funny having to take the suppressor/optic height sights off a gun to mount an optic, but there I was...

I agree that the green is very bright. In daylight and indoor conditions, including messing around with weapon mounted and handheld lights indoors, it seems very responsive. Enough so that it is hard to perceive the change in brightness sometimes, which is to say that it seems to try to give you a dot that is visibly similar regardless of light conditions. I find that it is a little bright for my preferences when shooting 25 yard B8s and stuff like that, but by no means unusable. I wish they would have made the optic window taller. The low profile is great for iron sigh compatibility, but if this is the optic for people that want a simple transition, I would like to see a taller window to make dot tracking easier.

I will use the SCS extensively at department range days this Fall, to include a fair amount of low light, so that will be pretty telling.

User Tag List