Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun Solar powered dot that fits MOS cut out

Any idea when we will see these in the wild?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Saw one in a video for p10c as well.
    Which video?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Any idea when we will see these in the wild?
    TFB TV video said end of 1st quarter. So maybe April? I'm not goign to pay day one prices so I'll probably be getting one in the summer.

A question after watching this video:

Absolute co-witness with stock iron sights…what’s the point then? Maybe I’m doing dots wrong but I like to see 360 degrees around the dot. If it sits on the front sight post I don’t see a benefit. What am I missing?

MSRP at $399, “should” be shipping in a month or two.

This video also gives MSRP for the EPS and EPS Carry, $470-$489 depending on red or green. Also should ship in 1-2 months.

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post

A question after watching this video:

Absolute co-witness with stock iron sights…what’s the point then? Maybe I’m doing dots wrong but I like to see 360 degrees around the dot. If it sits on the front sight post I don’t see a benefit. What am I missing?
    I can only speculate based on my personal, non-expert experience in trying dots the last year or so:

My "visual" perception of dot space depends on the orientation of my eyes to the sight. When I look through the lens, my perception of were I see the dot against the BUIS changes depending on perspective.

You can try this out: Bring a dot-equipped pistol up to your sight line with your normal index. Tilt your head slightly up and down without moving the gun. You can make the dot appear to move up or down (or at least I can), relative to the iron sights, anywhere you want. I mean, the gun isn't moving, so the dot is going to hit the same point, it's just the picture you see seems to change.

Or at least I can see this. I dunno, maybe it's just me, and my glasses corrected nearsighted vision of 20-1200. But I can observe this phenomenon consistently with all the pistols I have (G34+507C, G19+507C, P365X+407K). Last range visit, I turned the dot off on the 407K, because I wanted to experiment to see where the BUIS (rudimentary Holosun "notch" and standard front sight) hit; I had to lower my index perceptibly to align much more on the bore axis than when I shoot with the dot, which is normally in the middle of the window. If I had had the dot on shooting BUIS, it would have been resting on the front sight post.

To me, the benefit of the lower overall optic install of the new direct mount Holosuns is that you don't have to go out and buy and install suppressor height sights. This removes yet another barrier to entry for the transition to dots, and I see it generally as a good (or at least not a bad) thing.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I hope the CZ specific model comes to market. Since seeing the MOS version, it had me thinking about my next gun purchase. I was considering a G17/45 MOS, but really want a CZ P-10F OR.

If the MOS version is a success, they'll probably open it up to other factory optic cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post

I completely agree with you; absolute co-witness whether on a rifle or a pistol is very distracting to me. My brain can't decide on front sight vs red dot and it ends up slowing me down more than if I had only sights or only red dot. On a pistol I prefer sights that just peak the tiniest amount over the optic body so I can use them if I need to but ignore them otherwise.

However lots of people prefer and trainers preach the absolute cowitness.

My hope is I can find some very very low profile sights to get out of the way of the dot.

So far, we have seen versions shown for:

* Glock MOS
    * S&W Core
    * CZ P10

What are others we are likely to see? SIG P320? SIG P365? Slimline Glock MOS?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    So far, we have seen versions shown for:

* Glock MOS
    * S&W Core
    * CZ P10

What are others we are likely to see? SIG P320? SIG P365? Slimline Glock MOS?
    The slimline Glocks and P365 and Shield Plus are already an RMSC footprint and fit the 407K/507K/EPS with a paper thin shim plate. The new .30SC Shield Plus is direct cut for a 507K. These footprints are much much shorter than the new SCS optic and would take a significant redesign. I expect they will keep pushing the 407K/507K/EPS for these smaller guns.

User Tag List