Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Holosun Solar powered dot that fits MOS cut out

As I mentioned in the other thread, after spending more time with my SCS I really wish they would do a red 6 MOA version - I’m not as sold on the green or the circle dot as I thought I’d be.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Vending Machine Operator
    I've been using a Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS as a normal Glock 17 for like a year and a half, and I have a Glock 22 Gen 5 MOS coming in that I have the same plans for, just because it's damn hard picking a pistol red dot in this crowded and rapidly evolving market. I had been leaning toward the 507C but this seems like it might be a better call.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    My SCS is being shipped! Woo-hoo! I think I did the Veteran Discount order in March(I'd have to look back in this thread).
    --Jason--

Site Supporter

Ignore the dog salvia on the box.

I tried to get a picture of the reticle, but it didn't work. Now I need to find my torque wrench so I can get it mounted this weekend.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Got a picture of the circle(reticle):

While playing with it I noticed it was getting brighter every now and then. So I decided to read the manual, you can boost the brightness if needed:

The dot at arm's length was flared and a lot bigger than 2 MOA. I'm guessing it's because it was in my hand? I just looked at my DPP and it looks the same, so it's my eyes/contacts, not the sight. The brighter green dot and smaller viewing window cause it to be an obscured window, for me. It may be different when I get it on my Glock but I think the reticle will be what I need to use when I'm wearing these contacts.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post

Name:  47CD75E1-9066-4CA0-B486-EAC14E6E4BF4.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  36.9 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Mine is on the way! I am very excited for this one.

Site Supporter
    Are the mos screws that come on the Glock the same size as the screws that came with the SCS? They look the same, but I didn't open the SCS ones. If I don't need to open them I'll save them as backup screws.
    --Jason--

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Sight came today, drama free install, now I need some desert time!

Name:  IMG_3469.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  73.5 KB

Name:  IMG_3478.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  41.1 KB

Name:  IMG_3480.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  33.0 KB

My sight was zero'd directly over my irons.

Just a quick update to my previous post. I now have 450 rounds on the the 19 MOS with the SSC and have had no problems. I put 300 rounds of UMC, Prime, and Blazer through it on Saturday and the green dot was easily visible at high noon in the Mojave desert. Initial adjusting was just a tad bit up with windage right on the mark. It has not moved since sighted in.

As for the gun, I realize that the Gen 5 19 is more of evolution rather than innovation, but it runs great and is highly accurate.

So far my impressions are very favorable and no complaints or criticisms thus far for gun or green dot.

Name:  IMG_3574.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  73.1 KB

User Tag List