Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pistol-Training.com is BACK!!!!

Site Supporter
    This makes me extremely happy.

About time we got some good news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022 is starting to look better already!

I have periodically wondered what SLG was up to. I have missed his perspective. So happy to see he is bringing back P-T!

And ammo prices are starting to come down a little

Site Supporter
    Based on several interactions over the last few years, I thought @SLG was done with us. I had the same thoughts about @Giving Back. I was wrong there, I hope I have been wrong here.

Even if he is done with PF.com, I am happy to see him up on Pistol-training.com. I was always a lurker/reader there...with him in charge I will continue to lurk, and treasure the experience.

pat

My ears were burning……..

I won’t speak to the distractions going on in SLG’s & JG’s life, but we certainly all have them. I too, am happy to see him back in the mix.

In my case, if you look back on my historical engagements here, they’re all or nothing……..meaning I have nothing but time, or time is the only thing I don’t have enough of. Which is pretty much the case with my participation over the past couple of years.

I try to find time to lurk, but since I’m no longer on the leading edge of technology or emerging trends in the gear and tactics world, I don’t find myself having much to offer that is relevant. I’ve also had some pretty ugly battles with lingering health problems I brought home with me, which tends to take the jelly outta my donuts. As if that wasn’t enough, starting a nonprofit with ZERO idea of what in the actual fuck I am doing has been taxing to say the least.

September thru January is our busiest time of year, with the bulk of our activities and events taking place during those five months. Along with that is the increased demand from our target demographic throughout the holiday season makes that a full-time job in and of itself l. As our organization has grown and expanded, and word gets around about what we can provide, we’ve seen an increase of five times the contacts and referrals we received during the same period of 2020. Since I pay our staff so well, it’s been easy to find the extra help we need during the busy months. (That’s called sarcasm…….I don’t pay them shit).

You’ll probably see me a little more active come spring and summer, and I have been asked, and depending on my ability to run a full day range event, may even come out of retirement and do a PF.com supporter members carbine/sub gun/pistol course in early September in VA.

Thanks for remembering me though. And I certainly appreciate all of the support our members here have provided to our organization, and our men and women in uniform.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Very Kewl!!
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by Giving Back View Post
    My ears were burning……..

I won’t speak to the distractions going on in SLG’s & JG’s life, but we certainly all have them. I too, am happy to see him back in the mix.

In my case, if you look back on my historical engagements here, they’re all or nothing……..meaning I have nothing but time, or time is the only thing I don’t have enough of. Which is pretty much the case with my participation over the past couple of years.

I try to find time to lurk, but since I’m no longer on the leading edge of technology or emerging trends in the gear and tactics world, I don’t find myself having much to offer that is relevant. I’ve also had some pretty ugly battles with lingering health problems I brought home with me, which tends to take the jelly outta my donuts. As if that wasn’t enough, starting a nonprofit with ZERO idea of what in the actual fuck I am doing has been taxing to say the least.

September thru January is our busiest time of year, with the bulk of our activities and events taking place during those five months. Along with that is the increased demand from our target demographic throughout the holiday season makes that a full-time job in and of itself l. As our organization has grown and expanded, and word gets around about what we can provide, we’ve seen an increase of five times the contacts and referrals we received during the same period of 2020. Since I pay our staff so well, it’s been easy to find the extra help we need during the busy months. (That’s called sarcasm…….I don’t pay them shit).

You’ll probably see me a little more active come spring and summer, and I have been asked, and depending on my ability to run a full day range event, may even come out of retirement and do a PF.com supporter members carbine/sub gun/pistol course in early September in VA.

Thanks for remembering me though. And I certainly appreciate all of the support our members here have provided to our organization, and our men and women in uniform.
    Would you mind sharing what your non-profit is and a link?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Would you mind sharing what your non-profit is and a link?

Thanks
    https://givingbackusa.org/

This has been talked about here in various threads through nearly every step of it's creation.

I think it's an outstanding idea, and outstanding cause. I wish it had been around before some of my friends made permanent choices to problems that were temporary.

I'm interested to see future articles on PT. I'm hoping that it drives more thought provoking discussion and improvement related topics. Hopefully it will draw back some of our more knowledgable members, and their insight. For someone like me who isn't able to get to as many training classes (for a variety of reasons) I'll take all the "ah-ha" moments I can get on my firearm-craft path as I can get, anywhere I can get them.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Interesting this was one of the posts highlighted at the bottom of the home page:

https://pistol-training.com/how-i-got-shot/

Worth checking out for any noobs or sorta-noobs to this site.
    Link to the story doesn't work. I would like to read that.

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Link to the story doesn't work. I would like to read that.
    https://pistol-training.com/articles/how-i-got-shot/

User Tag List