Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Why BUIS?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Re # 5 - many run only the front BUIS up on carbines, the idea being if the dot dies the front sight post can be used in conjunction with the optic window /body acting as a rear close up. The thought being at greater distance there would likely be time to flip up the rear BUIS.

Of course on a secondary sighting system doesn’t need to be irons, though it’s still the most practical choice on a pistol. A red optic and a green laser can be viable.
    I understand your point, and that is how I run my carbine-a fixed front sight, rear folded down. It seems this might be personal preference, although that is sometimes not respected these days.
    A Streamlight TLR8 w/green laser is attached to my personal 19 MOS. I’ve worked with it in reduced light, and I think it quite viable.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    I understand your point, and that is how I run my carbine-a fixed front sight, rear folded down. It seems this might be personal preference, although that is sometimes not respected these days.
    A Streamlight TLR8 w/green laser is attached to my personal 19 MOS. I’ve worked with it in reduced light, and I think it quite viable.
    FSB with a folded rear is my preference too.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    As someone who just bought a 1.93" Geissele Mount for the Aimpoint Micro, I didn't think about whether this would allow for BUIS on the rifle. Anybody know if it's a problem and how to solve it?
    FYI, Scalarworks just announced 1.93" folding BUIS.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=656610728812517

User Tag List