Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I asked AIM already, and they didn't have an answer about the screw types and said to try the screws from Holosun. So, I figured I would ask here to see if anyone has ordered screws before. I guess I will try to figure it out somehow.
    That’s unacceptable. They have to know what diameter and pitch they used to drill and tap.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That’s unacceptable. They have to know what diameter and pitch they used to drill and tap.
    I'm sure AIM is just sourcing and badging these slides, for better or for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I'm sure AIM is just sourcing and badging these slides, for better or for worse.
    Ah. Makes sense. Sort of. I guess it’s off to Ace Hardware with slide in hand…

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Ah. Makes sense. Sort of. I guess it’s off to Ace Hardware with slide in hand…
    Like the AIM branded triggers that are actually Rise or something, I don't think AIM has any manufacturing capacity. I think they're just branding generic stuff. That said, AIM is local to me and an awesome place and I'd try any of their stuff that fit my needs, so their strategy is working haha

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I asked AIM already, and they didn't have an answer about the screw types and said to try the screws from Holosun. So, I figured I would ask here to see if anyone has ordered screws before. I guess I will try to figure it out somehow.
    That’s weird. SOMEONE tapped the holes in that slide, and knows what thread pitch they are. But it may be they’re tapped at whatever the Holosun screws are (6-32?) which would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    That’s weird. SOMEONE tapped the holes in that slide, and knows what thread pitch they are. But it may be they’re tapped at whatever the Holosun screws are (6-32?) which would make sense.
    I don’t have the slide in hand yet. When I get the slide, I will see if I can figure it out. Hopefully the unknown screws from AIM will work and if not, I will have a gunsmith diagnose it for me and get the proper screws. Might just be a matter of not getting the right person with the answer. I will try again, just didn’t know if someone hasn’t already dealt with these screws before.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just had an EPS Carry on a Macro start acting funky. I changed the battery and it started acting normal again. Checked the battery on our tester, and it showed discharged. The battery tester is an important diagnostic tool for me.
    Question is really open to anyone- is a good electricians multimeter fine for a battery tester or does an actual tester apply a load or do something special when testing a battery?

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Question is really open to anyone- is a good electricians multimeter fine for a battery tester or does an actual tester apply a load or do something special when testing a battery?
    You can test voltage, but my understanding is a battery tester pulses current to estimate remaining capacity.

My EPS Carry dot started acting up this morning. I pulled the battery and tested it and it showed as nearly depleted. Replaced the battery and all is well. The battery tester sure pays for itself in my opinion.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Holosun green 32MOA circle

One G19 has an EPS MRS green. I would shoot it every now and then with the 2MOA green dot. Didn’t perform for me nearly as well as 6MOA red dot on another G19.

I’d always thought of the circle as akin to training wheels, but I thought I recalled @GJM saying at some point in the last year of so that he liked the 32MOA circle on the EPS, or maybe it was on another Holosun. Anyway, today I thought I’d try just the 32MOA green circle and compare to the 6MOA red dot. On Bill Drills (7 yds) and The Test (10 yds) my results were modestly but decidedly and consistently better with the green circle.

I figured things would fall apart at 25 yards (quick but untimed). But comparing the results of several targets for each, they didn’t. Again, modestly but decidedly and consistently better with the green circle. Weird, surprising, and a bit counterintuitive, but a data point.

User Tag List