Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

What's the finish on those XS sights? They don't specify anywhere if they are nitrided.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have been using these with a MOS and DPP plate:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B089N...b_b_asin_title

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    What's the finish on those XS sights? They don't specify anywhere if they are nitrided.
    Not sure, but they haven't been rusting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

And I'm assuming you haven't had them drifting in the rear sight cut despite no set screw?

I just ordered a set from XS Sights directly. They provided a 20% off coupon for first order on signing up for emails, so my total shipped was all of $48.

Not sure, but they haven't been rusting.

Put an EPS on my new G26.5 MOS. Sighted it in at 10 yds; nice centered group. Moved to 25 yds and group was way high and right. Adjusted dot and got this group, and called it good (one round in the eight, and one in the seven. The latter was a clear jerk on my part. Still a 90+ score. Good for my 74 yr old body, and eyes that must be about 100 yrs old.

Name:  G26.5 MOS @25 10-25-23xs.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  28.5 KB

Oh, and replaced stock "irons" with XS sights. And forgot to even check those. But I like the location. Lower than perhaps normal in optic window, but enough visible to use. Will have to verify alignment next range trip.

Fired a few quick paced shots with the G26 and a P365 that I pocket carry a lot. No comparison for me. I shoot the Glock much faster and more accurately. But it won't fit in my pocket. Comparison makes that issue worth working around though.

P.S. It's nice to have @GJM to be a beta tester!

My aging eyes want to know, could the EPS Carry be direct milled into the slide of a 1911 and maybe be usable with the stock sights?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    My aging eyes want to know, could the EPS Carry be direct milled into the slide of a 1911 and maybe be usable with the stock sights?
    Mill yes. Not sure on sights

Some of this may already be posted. Apologies if it is.

Here is some rear sight / deck height measurements for the Holosun EPS Carry and the SIG Romeo-X Compact.

Measuring from the sight base plate to the top of the rear sight.

Holosun .293"
    X Compact .322"

And then the Romeo-X Pro which fits the Pro or Leupold footprint. Measured from sight base to top of rear.

X Pro .342"

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Installed the XS sight set yesterday. They're going in the parts bin. Not a fan of the rear sight, which has a noticeable gap between the top of the slide and the bottom of the rear sight face. The rear sight also sweeps back, and slants back so it's positioned and angled to cut into my shirts (and my spare tire).

I think I've settled on the 10-8 low profile rear sight . The profile minimizes the use of window space, and it has a set screw. Paired with a .250 high front (I'm new to fiber front sights and am giving the 10-8 a try). This is the .115W front but I have the .125W en-route.

Here it is on the 19.5MOS with EPS on DPP plate.

Name:  IMG_0521.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  37.1 KB

(Looks like I need to dust my lenses!)

But yeah, that 10-8 combo is 2X the cost of the XS set.

I have been using these with a MOS and DPP plate:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B089N...b_b_asin_title

My primary 19 has the DPP MOS plate, EPS full size 6, and just the OEM sights, with the rear reversed so there is no white outline. It just barely works, but it is very low profile and easy on me and clothing. I wish there was a very rounded rear that paired with a .215 front as that would be about perfect.

Name:  IMG_5660.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  102.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5661.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  42.4 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I just had two 1911s direct milled for the EPS Carry and got them back.

I have typically seen this specific instal done by having the EPS Carry rear replace the stock rear, so there is no longer any rear sight. If you want to do this so that you have your actual rear sight properly cowitnessing, I'd consult your chosen milling shop about that. In addition to height, there may also be an issue with getting the optic far forward enough depending on how far back the rear sight is or isn't.

On my guns, the optic is very low, but that's because both of my guns had adjustable sight cuts, which results in the optic sitting even lower than it would on another 1911 where all that slide material isn't missing from the start. My front sights are getting filed down, because the EPS backup rear sits much lower than the original rears did. How much filing will ultimately be necessary will be determined when I can get to the range. I have taken a first go at removing some material from them so I don't spend all my time at the range using a file.

So the answer to your question is, it may or may not work with stock sights, but will definitely work with deletion of the existing rear. If the latter, you may or may not need to either buy a shorter front sight (Dawson is your friend) or file your existing one if it's a plain black front like mine are.

My slides were done by Impact Machine, and based on the research I did first I think Green Tick Tactical may also be worth talking to.

Pic for reference (this is after taking a few passes at filing the front):
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List