Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    BTW, where is the new slimline Walther (and HK)?
    That’s really all I wanted to see.

The Germans pissed at us about something?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Your other post said PPQ, here you say PPS. If PPS, I get it.
    My bad, I meant PPQ. I also have a PPS which is my EDC, which will remain as-is;

Looking at the website, the EPS (not the EPS Carry which is smaller) has the same display size as the 507C.
    Some shot show coverage was reading the spec sheet and the EPS window size was .9x.63.

The 509T window is .9x.66 so that's pretty identical.

If people did have the k footprint on a full sized gun, EPS seems like a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Controlledpairs2 View Post
    Some shot show coverage was reading the spec sheet and the EPS window size was .9x.63.

If people did have the k footprint on a full sized gun, EPS seems like a no-brainer.
    I know people hate plates but a thin adapter plate can make those RMR cut Glocks into RMS / K footprints easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Controlledpairs2 View Post

Looking at the Chip Wiz website, I see they offer a 407/507K adapter plate for the Glock 17/19 and equivalent pistols, and a k plate for the P320. Not sure if this was in coordination with Holosun, as I could not figure out why you would put a small optic line the k on a full size pistol. The EPS makes perfect sense for these pistols and takes away the need for an RMR footprint on MOS type pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Looking at the Chip Wiz website, I see they offer a 407/507K adapter plate for the Glock 17/19 and equivalent pistols, and a k plate for the P320. Not sure if this was in coordination with Holosun, as I could not figure out why you would put a small optic line the k on a full size pistol. The EPS makes perfect sense for these pistols and takes away the need for an RMR footprint on MOS type pistols.
    I don’t know about CHPWS motivation but I’ll just mention that the Jpoint/RMS/k footprint was initially for the RMS/SMS which is wider than the compact version that came later.

So the Glock adapter theoretically could be for the wider SMS/RMS that predate the RMSc.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  25.7 KB

For example this is an SMS on a Glock MOS plate that you could call a K footprint.

Fits the width perfectly. It’s on a Maxim 9.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I don’t know about CHPWS motivation but I’ll just mention that the Jpoint/RMS/k footprint was initially for the RMS/SMS which is wider than the compact version that came later.

So the Glock adapter theoretically could be for the wider SMS/RMS that predate the RMSc.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  25.7 KB

For example this is an SMS on a Glock MOS plate that you could call a K footprint.

Fits the width perfectly. It’s on a Maxim 9.
    Would that depend on if it had the shorter front lugs and absence of rear lugs? Or are we just talking about hole and lug spacing, generally?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Would that depend on if it had the shorter front lugs and absence of rear lugs? Or are we just talking about hole and lug spacing, generally?
    Mainly hole spacing and front to back dimension.

Not all brands of Jpoint/RMSc cuts have full lugs and some that are cut for the general pattern fit everything.

So it’s not consistent that the overall footprint by definition include lugs.

Just like RMR footprint depending on the manufacturer can include press in bosses, no bosses, screw holes or posts.

I don’t find rear lugs to matter as I own a Dremel and am not shy about grinding.

When I first started experimenting with the P320 coming from a Glock, the overall height of the 320 was borderline objectionable to me even before mounting an dot on top. So I looked for ways to reduce the height and found the CHPWS 507k plate. Wound up putting an RMR on my P320 but I still have the K plate so for once I’m ahead of the game!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something else I'm seeing in the EPS specs is "Aspherical Glass Lens with Zero Distortion" which I don't see listed for any of their other MRDS optics (including the 509T).

My Chip Wiz K-plate arrived yesterday and looks good - it's a perfect fit for the narrow-at-the-top PPQ slide. The slide is heading to CHPWS for milling this week.

User Tag List