Page 75 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the small adapter plates for the Glock slim guns, but you may need some ever so slightly taller iron sights like Dawsons. If you have the money and patience to get it modified where you don't need a plate that is always better. I'd do some research and see if C&H has gotten their act together on milling turnaround as campfire talk about their customer service has not been positive.
    Maple leaf firearms of TX does solid work.

The EPS is working well on my Shadow Systems. I'm using the little plastic cradle as the mounting spacer. I assume the C&H is a similar product but made from aluminum instead of plastic.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

EPS Carry adventure at the indoor range: Mid-FCU-swap between XL and Macro grips, I thought I had locked the slide back before reaching for the takedown lever. Alas, no. The slide launched forward off the frame... forward of the bench... dropping 40" onto the concrete floor, landing on the left side. Well. That's a first.

After using the brass sweep to retrieve the slide and properly reassembling, I fired a Macro mag through it and the rounds were stringing horizontally across 9", heading left. Checking the dot/irons alignment, the dot had moved significantly right. I dialed it back to align with the irons and fine-tuned from there.

Alignment seems to be holding. I put another 100 rounds through it without issue and shot some amazing groups. This is the newer style slide that retains the rear sight, which I do now appreciate for dot-verification reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    EPS Carry adventure at the indoor range: Mid-FCU-swap between XL and Macro grips, I thought I had locked the slide back before reaching for the takedown lever. Alas, no. The slide launched forward off the frame... forward of the bench... dropping 40" onto the concrete floor, landing on the left side. Well. That's a first.

After using the brass sweep to retrieve the slide and properly reassembling, I fired a Macro mag through it and the rounds were stringing horizontally across 9", heading left. Checking the dot/irons alignment, the dot had moved significantly right. I dialed it back to align with the irons and fine-tuned from there.

Alignment seems to be holding. I put another 100 rounds through it without issue and shot some amazing groups. This is the newer style slide that retains the rear sight, which I do now appreciate for dot-verification reasons.
    Not sure I would trust that optic to hold zero.it will be interesting to see.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure I would trust that optic to hold zero.it will be interesting to see.
    For what it is worth I have had a few eps carry lose zero on my training gun every 3k ro so rounds.

This week I've been dealing with some T&E guns and optics for my department. Included in the group are 3 EPS Carry models with green 2MOA dots and an EPS with a green 2MOA dot. The EPS was mounted with a C&H plate on an M&P9 and the Carrys on a Shield Plus.

Of the 3 Carrys one was DOA when I got it. I tried changing batteries, etc. but nothing brought it to life so the distributor sent another one. The second was mounted on a Shield using Holosun's plate. It mounted fine but I had to adjust elevation down considerably to get it zeroed. I'm guessing there's probably only a few 'down' click adjustments remaining. The third example was the total opposite. I had to significantly adjust its elevation up. I'm also using the Holosun plate which I had to pretty forcefully tap over the S&W's recoil lugs. Once zeroed they've been stellar.

The full size EPS was mounted using a C&H plate and required significant adjustment right. It seems odd to me that those three sights were so dramatically off of what I would assume would be mechanically zeroed or a centered setting from the factory. All other Holosun's I've ever used required very little adjustment out if the box but these EPS/Carry have required significant adjustments.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have an EPS “Carry”, green dot, on a G43XMOS. Been on there for a little over a year, but have shot it only minimally. Did a few drills today with the combination to reacquaint myself. No issues to report and the zero has/did not shift, confirmed out to 20 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    This week I've been dealing with some T&E guns and optics for my department. Included in the group are 3 EPS Carry models with green 2MOA dots and an EPS with a green 2MOA dot. The EPS was mounted with a C&H plate on an M&P9 and the Carrys on a Shield Plus.

Of the 3 Carrys one was DOA when I got it. I tried changing batteries, etc. but nothing brought it to life so the distributor sent another one. The second was mounted on a Shield using Holosun's plate. It mounted fine but I had to adjust elevation down considerably to get it zeroed. I'm guessing there's probably only a few 'down' click adjustments remaining. The third example was the total opposite. I had to significantly adjust its elevation up. I'm also using the Holosun plate which I had to pretty forcefully tap over the S&W's recoil lugs. Once zeroed they've been stellar.

The full size EPS was mounted using a C&H plate and required significant adjustment right. It seems odd to me that those three sights were so dramatically off of what I would assume would be mechanically zeroed or a centered setting from the factory. All other Holosun's I've ever used required very little adjustment out if the box but these EPS/Carry have required significant adjustments.

For some.reason all my holosuns have come center adjusted for say 20 yards except eps carry or eps. None of my 9 have been some were completely off paper at 7

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post

Pure speculation, but the issue might be variation in how S&W milled the slides.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List