Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Lots of QC issues says nothing succeeds like success. Holosun's plant is probably running day and night to meet demand. Throw them in the shipping crate and let the Americans figure it out!

As popular as these are, along with 509s, Holosun needs to partner with someone Stateside for assembly. It would probably make us all feel better.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

With Shadow Systems plastic spacer piece.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I've perused this thread and I wasn't able to find a definitive answer. I have a G19.5 that was cut for an SRO last year. I'm thinking about moving the 5 MOA SRO over to a 9mm STI 2011 and in turn putting a 6 MOA EPS on the G19.5. From what I've read this is possible as the EPS comes with a adapter plate that fits onto a RMR cut?
    I'd really appreciate more information about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    I've perused this thread and I wasn't able to find a definitive answer. I have a G19.5 that was cut for an SRO last year. I'm thinking about moving the 5 MOA SRO over to a 9mm STI 2011 and in turn putting a 6 MOA EPS on the G19.5. From what I've read this is possible as the EPS comes with a adapter plate that fits onto a RMR cut?
    CHPWS has an RMR to EPS plate. I’m using it for a Glock slide that was direct milled for RMR and it’s good to go.

https://chpws.com/product/rmr-to-holosun-eps-eps-carry/

I'm specifically asking about the included adapter plate from Holosun that supposedly works with a RMR cut.

Well, I'm about to find out as I found a lightly used EPS with all the original stuff for a good deal. I'll report back. I also found that DPP on Amazon has an adapter plate for the EPS to RMR cut. Depending upon if and how the Holosun plate fits I may go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    It does come with an RMR cut adapter plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Fester View Post
    Hi all

I already have the Holosun HE509T-GR-X2 and have been using it for a while with no problems.

I bought the Holosun ELITE EPS-CARRY-GR-MRS and put it on my Shadow 2. Its fits perfect with a mount plate and i like the size but i have some poblems.

1. I could not adjust the dot high enough (so i would have to point higher in order to hit center.
    2. The 32MO ring and the dot is not round but oval. (its not my eyes because the HE509T-GR-X2 is perfectly round) and others have comfirmed

Does anyone have same experience with the EPS-CARRY ?

I Returned mine this morning but now im unsure if i want to buy a new one its the same.

I wanted to attach a picture so you could see how the pistol looks but i cant seam to attach anything here? - is there a workarround i dont see

I just bought an EPS CARRY MRS and I am seeing the same thing, a very slight oval shape and very slight cant of the cross marks. I think this FAQ explains it for me.

This is from the Holosun FAQ:

"Why does my dot look misshapen?

Make sure you are looking through the optic focusing on your target, not on the dot.

If you are prescribed corrective lenses be sure to wear them.

Try reducing the intensity 1-2 steps.

A starburst effect or misshapen dot can be caused by astigmatism. You can check this by rotating the uninstalled optic while viewing the dot. If the shape rotates with the optic there may be an electronic or mechanical issue. If the shape does not rotate with the optic, this is how your eye perceives the reflected dot."

I am still trying to figure out if any of the supplied screws work. From earlier in this thread, I think I can use my 407k screws or order different ones to mount on my P365XL.
    Last edited by DamonL; 04-14-2023 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I think this FAQ explains it for me.
    This is from the Holosun FAQ:
    "Why does my dot look misshapen?
    Make sure you are looking through the optic focusing on your target, not on the dot.
    If you are prescribed corrective lenses be sure to wear them.
    Try reducing the intensity 1-2 steps.
    A starburst effect or misshapen dot can be caused by astigmatism. You can check this by rotating the uninstalled optic while viewing the dot. If the shape rotates with the optic there may be an electronic or mechanical issue. If the shape does not rotate with the optic, this is how your eye perceives the reflected dot."
    I am still trying to figure out if any of the supplied screws work. From earlier in this thread, I think I can use my 407k screws or order different ones to mount on my P365XL.
    This is not the reason for me because if it were then i would see the same "effect" on my Holosun HE509-GR-X2 but that one is perfectly round. I think all the Carry versions are like that. I Got a new one and its exactly the same.

I dont know about the screws for your P365XL but if you have the adapter plate then i would assume it fits, just make sure they are not to long

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I just bought an EPS CARRY MRS and I am seeing the same thing, a very slight oval shape and very slight cant of the cross marks. I think this FAQ explains it for me.
    After listening to the EvoSec Podcast with Tim Herron (see quote below), I've experimented a bit with the circle reticle on the EPS and 509t2. It's not perfectly round, and I think that's because the optics require the front lens to set at a slight angle. I can't imagine how that slight distortion of the reticle could possibly affect accuracy--especially while target focused.

But, after some comparisons I decided a standard dot is better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I just listened to @rawkguitarist's outstanding interview with USPSA GM Tim Herron. This episode was jam-packed with awesomeness, including a very intriguing discussion of the 32moa circle reticle on Holosun optics.

https://evosec.libsyn.com/tim-herron...ot-circle-only
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Thank you for the link I will check it out.

Yes that sounds like it could be the reason

I understand why you choose the standard dot. I have a few withstandard dot "other brands" but i kind of like the cirkle and dot. Maybe i will change my mind after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    After listening to the EvoSec Podcast with Tim Herron (see quote below), I've experimented a bit with the circle reticle on the EPS and 509t2. It's not perfectly round, and I think that's because the optics require the front lens to set at a slight angle. I can't imagine how that slight distortion of the reticle could possibly affect accuracy--especially while target focused.

But, after some comparisons I decided a standard dot is better for me.

User Tag List