Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

I’ve had an EPS Carry 2 MOA (w/CHPWS plate) on my Glock 19.5 MOS for the past 6 months… close to 2500 rounds fired… no issues to report.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Maybe there’s something wrong with mine, but here’s what I see at one click below max brightness. The actual dot is directly above the top edge, just out of view.

Attachment 102795
    Thanks to the comments here, I spent another ~$700 to solve this mystery. Yes, it cost me about $1k for the pics below of Made-in-China quality, or lack of.

You can see my original RD6 unit on the left (SN1723) with the internal reflection, a new RD6 center (SN2465) and a new GR6 right (SN2242). Anyone notice the color of the glass?

Name:  B5700424-C8E7-4FB9-93BD-789864FA96E2.jpg
Views: 2150
Size:  43.3 KB

It looks like somebody assembled a red EPS Carry with wrong lens(es) or missing anti-reflective coating. You can barely see the internal reflection in the right two since the matching anti-reflective coatings attenuate it significantly.

Name:  A8DDE7AE-AF92-4EE9-9556-3A1C223D1E91.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  43.6 KB

I gotta buy three Holosuns to get two good ones.

Here is an EPS 6 I just put on a PDP.

Name:  A94C9DDB-7AA4-4448-BD71-73912DDCEECE.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  30.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Where did you buy each of the three?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Where did you buy each of the three?
    First one was from Gritr Sports and the other two from my FFL.

Well, I sent the pics to Holosun and they came back with a return shipping label the next day. I've returned an EPS Carry GR6 to them on 3/15 and this one today, 3/31. At this point, I've spent more than a few hours, a few range trips and quite a few dollars of Federal HST trying to get an EPS Carry set up for actual carry. Like a battered wife, I'm still here!
    Name:  354292FC-0C34-470A-8D1B-69D628D5129B.jpg
Views: 1363
Size:  36.7 KB

Site Supporter
    First one was from Gritr Sports and the other two from my FFL.

Well, I sent the pics to Holosun and they came back with a return shipping label the next day. I've returned an EPS Carry GR6 to them on 3/15 and this one today, 3/31. At this point, I've spent more than a few hours, a few range trips and quite a few dollars of Federal HST trying to get an EPS Carry set up for actual carry. Like a battered wife, I'm still here!
    Name:  354292FC-0C34-470A-8D1B-69D628D5129B.jpg
Views: 1363
Size:  36.7 KB
    Weird printing on the side. I asked about where you bought them due to possibility you got a counterfeit. If it is made in China, I guarantee there are counterfeits out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Weird printing on the side. I asked about where you bought them due to possibility you got a counterfeit. If it is made in China, I guarantee there are counterfeits out there.
    I think the weird printing is someone laser-marking the housing twice, with a x-shift in between. I’ve seen it happen on when the fixture wasn’t set up correctly and it was the first piece of the day/shift or the operator didn’t place the piece fully against the indexing surface, etc.

It’s the fact that they let it pass QC that’s a bad sign. I mean, they have to match the serial numbers when they box them after all.

G19.5, EPS Red 6, DPP Titanium Plate, Ameriglo GL-453

I couldn't help myself and bought the DPP Titanium 407/507K plate on Amazon to try out. (DPP does NOT mean Deltapoint Pro, it's the name of the company putting these out.) It wasn't the price that caught my attention as much as the material it's made out of. I'm honestly shocked at how good it is. The machining is clean, the PVD finish is nice, and the fit is tight on both the MOS cutout and the optic itself. It came with YFS fasteners. If they are telling the truth about the 6AL4V titanium used, I don't see where there could be a failure point. The threads were clean, and they provide screws for both the 407/507K and the EPS in the package. Everything fit together tightly, and the optic is completely fenced in both fore and aft in the plate. The thickness of the plate where the optic sits is 0.08", which is quite a bit thinner than the Holosun K plate I had on there before. This lowered the deck height of the optic over the slide to just 0.13". The plate inspires a lot of confidence after installation, however, don't take my positive initial impression as a recommendation for a duty gun. It needs to be put through a proper T&E and vetted with a high round count. It's definitely promising and I'm shocked at the price of it.

Doing the math, this opened up the option of using Ameriglo's new 1L size GL-453 sights with the full notch visible, which I promptly ordered and got installed today. This plate opens up the EPS's promise of using "normal" height sights on the full-size Glock MOS guns. The GL-453 has a 0.215" rear height over the slide, which is actually shorter than normal Dawson competition sights (which are 0.225). The EPS was zeroed at 25 yards and now the dot sits right on the tip of the front sight when lining up the irons, whereas before with the XL GL-429s I was shooting way low at 25 yards. Everything I hated about using the thick Holosun plate and too high GL-429 sights is now solved. I feel like the CHWPS and Calculated Kinetics plates might give a similar outcome as I'm realizing now that the Holosun plate is just way thicker than it needs to be (0.13"). I'm unsure how Holosun could design the 509T MOS plate so perfectly and then turn around and produce the turd that is their K MOS plate.

Last edited by stomridertx; 04-18-2023 at 11:35 AM.

Holosun got a new shipment so, unless all of it goes to the warranty claims, there should be more EPSs out there. Just a hair over 2 1/2 weeks to handle my claim. Going just from the memory, the glass on this EPS Carry looks clearer than on my old unit and there seems to be more sealant on the window's bottom.
    This time, rather than mounting it straight to the slide of my 365, I decided to use the enclosed little plate that has four bosses.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Thanks to the comments here, I spent another ~$700 to solve this mystery. Yes, it cost me about $1k for the pics below of Made-in-China quality, or lack of.

You can see my original RD6 unit on the left (SN1723) with the internal reflection, a new RD6 center (SN2465) and a new GR6 right (SN2242). Anyone notice the color of the glass?

The blue glass tint on greens is likely due to the notch filter used for green emitters. I have several (about 10) green Holosuns and all have a blue hue.

Name:  B5700424-C8E7-4FB9-93BD-789864FA96E2.jpg
Views: 2150
Size:  43.3 KB

It looks like somebody assembled a red EPS Carry with wrong lens(es) or missing anti-reflective coating. You can barely see the internal reflection in the right two since the matching anti-reflective coatings attenuate it significantly.

Name:  A8DDE7AE-AF92-4EE9-9556-3A1C223D1E91.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  43.6 KB

User Tag List