Page 7 of 96 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

My CHPWS plate for the PPQ is arriving today for the 407K/507K sans rear BUIS. If it meets my expectations, I'll send the slide to them for the milling.

My plan is to roll with a 407K in green, then pick up an EPS Carry later in the year. I'll keep the 407K as a back-up.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    @JCN has me looking hard at a P365XL, and it took me a moment to realize an EPS Carry might be my ideal RDS for that.
    I think that's probably going to wind up being my eventual carry setup (but with an X slide rather than XL).

For me, the 365X balances, tracks and shoots better than the XL. Similar to the difference between a G17 and a G19X/G45.

Jus received my WC grip module and weights today. Should have mounting screws for my 507K Saturday and if all goes as planned I’ll begin carrying it when not carrying a 320X Carry or Compact.

Once the EPS Carry is available I’ll probably mount one on the 365X and move the 507K back to a Maple Leaf milled 43X.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    My CHPWS plate for the PPQ is arriving today for the 407K/507K sans rear BUIS. If it meets my expectations, I'll send the slide to them for the milling.

My plan is to roll with a 407K in green, then pick up an EPS Carry later in the year. I'll keep the 407K as a back-up.
    Maybe you already stated this somewhere else but, why are you putting a "compact" sight on a regular size gun?

Well, they are up on the Holosun web site as both Red and Green. The footprint being the same for both the Full and Slim sizes is interesting. Seems those who have milled for the RMR footprint are not going to be able to "upgrade". Glad I only have 1 milled slide. I'm sure we will see adapter plates for these from folks like CHPWS for most guns.

Name:  Holosun EPS.jpg
Views: 991
Size:  61.2 KB

Looking at the website, the EPS (not the EPS Carry which is smaller) has the same display size as the 507C.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Maybe you already stated this somewhere else but, why are you putting a "compact" sight on a regular size gun?
    I figured that question would come up. ;-)

Several reasons;

1. The PPS has a narrow slide, starting at 1.15" wide at the base tapering to about .8" at the top. The "carry" size fits the profile of the slide better.
    2. The 407K/507K has a larger window than the RMR, so nothing is lost in comparison to that optic
    3. The 407K/507K has the rudimentary rear BUIS built into it, so I am foregoing a separate BUIS in the rear to leave the window as uncluttered as possible
    4. I do intend to CC the pistol, so the smaller sight works better in that regard

The newer Walther PDP has a square profile slide so the larger MRDS optics fit that much better.

Since I'm rolling with CHPWS plates, I can change to any other MRDS in the future if I'm not happy with the carry size optic.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Looking at the website, the EPS (not the EPS Carry which is smaller) has the same display size as the 507C.
    Would be pretty cool on a Compact PX4 RDO if they ever make a plate for it! More concealable than a 509 it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    I figured that question would come up. ;-)

Several reasons;

1. The PPS has a narrow slide, starting at 1.15" wide at the base tapering to about .8" at the top. The "carry" size fits the profile of the slide better.
    2. The 407K/507K has a larger window than the RMR, so nothing is lost in comparison to that optic
    3. The 407K/507K has the rudimentary rear BUIS built into it, so I am foregoing a separate BUIS in the rear to leave the window as uncluttered as possible
    4. I do intend to CC the pistol, so the smaller sight works better in that regard

The newer Walther PDP has a square profile slide so the larger MRDS optics fit that much better.

Since I'm rolling with CHPWS plates, I can change to any other MRDS in the future if I'm not happy with the carry size optic.
    Your other post said PPQ, here you say PPS. If PPS, I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Your other post said PPQ, here you say PPS. If PPS, I get it.
    BTW, where is the new slimline Walther (and HK)?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List