Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    GL-429s are what I run with the 509t and Holosun plate on my G17.5. Is the bottom of the rear notch even with the deck, or does it sit a bit higher? That's the sweet spot I'm looking to achieve.

Attachment 100539
    Looking at my pistol now… the EPS carry is very close in height to your picture… I think you’ll be stoked on the GL-429s.

For those with a G48, what height irons are you using with a milled (non-MOS) slide? I have a certificate for a free set of Trijicon HD XR irons that expires on 02/14 that I’m thinking of using for my G48, but I’m also sending my slide off to Jagerwerks this year to get milled for an EPS Carry. So I need to get these irons ordered ASAP. Looking for a lower 1/4 or so co-witness (usable but out of the way). Thanks for any feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I got the optic installed. I pulled my 507K-X2 off of my 365XL and put it on my new 322. Then I mounted the EPS Carry on my XL. All that is left to do is to zero both guns again, which I will try to do tomorrow.

The only problem I encountered was that the screws that came with the EPS Carry would not work with the XL slide. I don't know if it was because the screws were too long, or if the threads didn't go far enough up the shank of the screws.

In either case what I did was used the screws that came with the 507K on the EPS Carry and the ones from the EPS Carry on the 507K. It worked like a charm. If I wasn't already an owner of the 507K-X2 though I would have had to procure screws that actually worked from somewhere, which kind of sucks. Not having correct screws in the box was kind of annoying.

I figure though that this discrepancy exists because Sig has changed the slide/optics cut in different versions. In the earlier versions the rear notch irons comes off with the optics plate, but the new slides for the XL leave the irons in place even if you take off the cover plate. I assume Holosun included screws that only work with the latest version of slides, but I don't know that for certain. It's just a guess.
    Just wanted to thank you for this post - I just went to install my new EPS Carry and had this same issue. I did my research (though apparently not enough), and used @RJ 's awesome quick reference guide and someone else's post to order M3-0.5 x 10mm torx plus screws from McMaster... only to find out they didn't appear long enough. I was able to re-use the screws from the 507k but I would have preferred new screws (I of course cleaned them with alcohol). But yes, my rear sight comes off with the plate covering so I must have an early model. I don't recall having that issue with my 507k-x2 from a year ago but maybe it came with the longer screws. I don't recall.

This is from about a month of AIWB carry (507k-x2 Gr on left), dot looks clearer than that but hard to get both dots in focus -
    EDIT: Both have Circle+Dot currently, will likely go back to plain dot, I was just trying it out -

Name:  507k-vs-eps_carry.jpg
Views: 2243
Size:  49.6 KB
    Name:  507k-vs-eps_carry-SIDE.jpg
Views: 2321
Size:  32.6 KB
    Name:  365xl_with_eps-carry.jpg
Views: 1594
Size:  35.1 KB

Just mounted tonight, letting cure for a couple of days before confirming zero.
    Last edited by MikeyCNY; 01-30-2023 at 09:17 PM.

EPS 6MOA on Glock 19.5 MOS

I just got in the full size EPS 6MOA and the Holosun 407k/507k MOS plate from Kenzie's in the mail today. I mounted it to my G19.5 MOS carry gun. Here are my thoughts:
    • The Ameriglo GL-429 sights provide a lower 1/4 co-witness, which I define as the bottom of the rear notch close to even with the deck height.
    • The Holosun plate is made of steel and is really thick. It has great thread engagement with the optic screws, but lacks the front gap fill of the Holosun MOS plate for the 509T. The included RMR plate is better executed than the MOS plate, but it does feel substantial. It has the same potential issue of Glock MOS plates in that the optic is not fenced in and relies on the shallow lugs and screws to keep the optic in place. I'm on the fence about trying the CHPWS plate instead. If anyone has the ear of Forward Controls Design, please bribe them into making a 407k/507k footprint plate.
    • I really like the 6 MOA dot and wish I had tried it sooner.
    • This sits at the exact same height as the 509T with the Holosun MOS plate for that optic. Both the 509T and the EPS with Holosun's adapter plate essentially give you the same deck height as a direct-milled RMR. The Ameriglo XL sights are appropriate and this does not give the same advantage of using standard sights that the EPS carry does on the slimline guns. I'm ok with this, because Ameriglo XLs are not obnoxious to use like the 3XL and above sights can be if you take the optic off the gun.
    • For those that prefer the rear sight to barely peek over the deck, I'm not sure which sights would work. I think possibly the Ameriglo GL-453 might be the ticket for that, but I'm not going to be the one swiping the card to find out.
    • On a full size Glock, the only reason to pick the EPS over the 509T is the different dot options and the option to forgo solar and titanium for 7075 aluminum and lower cost. The EPS also has better glass than the 509T. It feels "right" on the G19 and I'm happy with it so far. On a hard use open carried G45, G17, G47 (I have one inbound), or G34 I'd still pick the 509T for its superior mounting.
    • The quality-of-life improvement of easily cleaning the lenses after carrying concealed cannot be overstated. I can't go back now.
    • I'll say it again in case they are listening. Holosun, please expand the 509 series with the same dot options and housing material as the EPS line.

Last edited by stomridertx; 01-31-2023 at 12:39 AM.

My EPS came in last week and I got it mounted up to a G17.5 last night using the CHPWS plate. Need to get to the range tomorrow afternoon to zero it. It's replacing a 508T on my primary concealed carry gun. The EPS top housing is a little longer than the 508T but the overall height is still shorter, so I'm thinking it will conceal about as well. Initial impressions are that the glass is clear with no noticeable distortion.

The EPS is comically smaller than the ACRO. I still give the nod to Aimpoint in terms of out-of-the-box reliability and I feel pretty comfortable carrying it without needing to shoot it a ton to prove it's reliable. But, the ACRO is more challenging for me to conceal appendix, which is why I'm interested in the EPS for daily carry.

The C&H Low-witness sights work fine with the EPS, but they're closer to lower-third than I'd like, so I've got a set of 10-8 standard-height sights on the way to open up the optic field of view a little more. The C&H sights will end up moving over to the ACRO G17 where I have the same issue with the 10-8 MOS sights being taller than necessary.

Does anyone have a best estimate when the EPS Red MRS (multi-reticle) will be seen in the wild?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    Does anyone have a best estimate when the EPS Red MRS (multi-reticle) will be seen in the wild?
    Buddy had one break this morning.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

GJM, does that mean it's been released, or does he have a T&E unit or ?? Holosun's website lists it as "coming soon" in their product overview. Sportsman's Guide showed it in stock yesterday but all other online vendors that I checked showed it as "notify when in stock".

GJM, does that mean it's been released, or does he have a T&E unit or ?? Holosun's website lists it as "coming soon" in their product overview. Sportsman's Guide showed it in stock yesterday but all other online vendors that I checked showed it as "notify when in stock".
    Good question. He is an industry guy, so either is possible. All I know is he said the circle dot was intermittent.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

They have been for a while. I have seen a few

User Tag List