Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Isn't it an RMR cut, not the RMS?

Would make me be reluctant to direct mill for a 509T, as that footprint didn't seem to get traction. A RMSc/K, RMR, and Acro range of footprints would seem to cover the range.
    The copy says K footprint, so it looks like two widths with that same footprint. I'm assuming one for the thin guns like 43x mos, shield plus, 365 etc...and one for those running the k footprint on 19 sized or regular width slides.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    The copy says K footprint, so it looks like two widths with that same footprint. I'm assuming one for the thin guns like 43x mos, shield plus, 365 etc...and one for those running the k footprint on 19 sized or regular width slides.
    Look at the two optics in the picture -- the screw hole widths are different, so they can't both be a K footprint?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Look at the two optics in the picture -- the screw hole widths are different, so they can't both be a K footprint?
    Screw hole spacing looks the same to me. The one on the right has more material outside of the screw holes than the one on the left but the amount of material on the inside of the two holes looks the same. How many people had full-size slides cut for the thinner Shield footprint?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    How many people had full-size slides cut for the thinner Shield footprint?
    Nine, and eight were by mistake, when they were confused between RMS and RMSc.

Looking again, I agree with you on the hole spacing. I guess we will wait to find out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Looks like the EVO next to the 509T, based on size...

Disregard, I'm a dumbass. 509T doesn't mount that way. So an enclosed 507 (evo) and enclosed 507K (evo). I don't doubt I'll buy one, try it, find the lighting adjustments not workable for me on a compact carry pistol, and pass it along at a loss, like everything else I've tried so far.

Isn't it an RMR cut, not the RMS?

Would make me be reluctant to direct mill for a 509T, as that footprint didn't seem to get traction. A RMSc/K, RMR, and Acro range of footprints would seem to cover the range.
    The IG post in the first post states “No. Both sizes will fit the K cut.” What is the K cut?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The IG post in the first post states “No. Both sizes will fit the K cut.” What is the K cut?
    The 407K and 507K use a modified RMSC footprint with no rear lugs. That is what both of these new optics use.

One suspects "K cut" = "The same cut we currently make for the 407k/507k".

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    The 407K and 507K use a modified RMSC footprint with no rear lugs. That is what both of these new optics use.
    Thanks! I can’t see how removing lugs is a good thing, but there are a lot of their optics out there that seem to be staying put without them.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Thanks! I can’t see how removing lugs is a good thing, but there are a lot of their optics out there that seem to be staying put without them.

Holosun said it was necessary on the 407K and 507K to get the size they wanted with the level of waterproofing they wanted. Guess the rear lugs would impede the fully enclosed electronics.

User Tag List