Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well, in terms of Amp-Hours (power), the 1620 has 81 mAh, the 1632 has 130 mAh (per Energizer data sheets for each). So they've managed to reduce the power cell requirement to approx 60% of the previous battery. Cool. And the 1620 is 1.5-1.65 mm high, the 1632 ranges from 3.00 to 3.20 mm, so the optic internal volume is that much smaller as well.

These engineers at Holosun appear to know what they are doing.
    I just wish they'd make some here. I'd feel less like I was sleeping with someone on the side in buying one. I will say that they do seem like a competent bunch, one with a pair of ears which is really nice for a change. Thank you for starting this thread. I've just started to really looks at these optics and haven't had the time to dive deep enough. Good breakdown, thank you again.

Site Supporter
    According to Holosun, these have been changed from the 6MOA dot to 2MOA. Assuming that means circle/dot options.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    According to Holosun, these have been changed from the 6MOA dot to 2MOA. Assuming that means circle/dot options.
    I hope they eventually make both available. I'd much prefer a 6 MOA model.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well, in terms of Amp-Hours (power), the 1620 has 81 mAh, the 1632 has 130 mAh (per Energizer data sheets for each). So they've managed to reduce the power cell requirement to approx 60% of the previous battery. Cool. And the 1620 is 1.5-1.65 mm high, the 1632 ranges from 3.00 to 3.20 mm, so the optic internal volume is that much smaller as well.

These engineers at Holosun appear to know what they are doing.
    Or, they just claim the same battery life because they don't care. Their battery life is definitely overstated on other models. I've had 1632 models die in as little as four months.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I hope they eventually make both available. I'd much prefer a 6 MOA model.
    I was excited because I had a 407k and don't care for the bigger dot. I do hope they offer both. Options are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    That is disappointing. I probably won't bother changing from what I have now. 2MOA, Yuck.

Or, they just claim the same battery life because they don't care. Their battery life is definitely overstated on other models. I've had 1632 models die in as little as four months.
    With what battery? The included cells are trash. Much better results with Duracell.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    With what battery? The included cells are trash. Much better results with Duracell.
    Energizer. It was the CO model, so the reticle may take more energy than the 2 minute dot. Still rated at “up to 50k hours” whatever that means.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    That is disappointing. I probably won't bother changing from what I have now. 2MOA, Yuck.
    I like the 2MOA, I keep mine turned up a little higher so it's brighter/bloomed indoors, but I can pick it up better outdoors or using a light.

Energizer. It was the CO model, so the reticle may take more energy than the 2 minute dot. Still rated at “up to 50k hours” whatever that means.
    Energizer are trash.

Look at SoCalDep's battery testing thread:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....d-Battery-Type

User Tag List