Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Since an EPS Carry Red is most likely my next MRDS purchase, I went ahead and created a Preliminary Quick Reference Card for the EPS Carry (Red), based on the current information available.

I noticed a few specific things to highlight, over my current baseline HS407k:

- The battery changed to a 1620
    - The MOA change per click is now 1.5 MOA, was 1.0 MOA
    - The optic is "IPX8 Certified Waterproof"
    - There are now 4 NV brightnesses, vs. 2 before
    - Holosun now lists the footprint as "Holosun "K" series."

Preliminary QRC for this optic is attached, in case of interest. I'll cross post this to the QRC thread.

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 1852
Size:  76.0 KB

qrc_epsc_v10p.pdf

That is odd on the battery change since a 1620 and 1632 are so close in power and dimensions.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Stupid question. Are these purged in some way like other sealed optics? I see no mention of a purge on the web site, just an IPX8 rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just looking at my 509T on a Glock 19 slide, and the optic protrudes over both sides. If the new EPS has a similar size window as the 509T and is the width of the slide, I could see it replacing the 509T for my use.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was just looking at my 509T on a Glock 19 slide, and the optic protrudes over both sides. If the new EPS has a similar size window as the 509T and is the width of the slide, I could see it replacing the 509T for my use.
    Have you found the cross-bolt mounting solution is vastly superior to top-down mounting? I actually haven't but I have limited experience with the 509T and ACRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Controlledpairs2 View Post
    Have you found the cross-bolt mounting solution is vastly superior to top-down mounting? I actually haven't but I have limited experience with the 509T and ACRO.
    If the 509T used an Acro footprint I would be more enthused. Since I got Fix it Sticks I really have t had much trouble with screws.

That is odd on the battery change since a 1620 and 1632 are so close in power and dimensions.
    Well, in terms of Amp-Hours (power), the 1620 has 81 mAh, the 1632 has 130 mAh (per Energizer data sheets for each). So they've managed to reduce the power cell requirement to approx 60% of the previous battery. Cool. And the 1620 is 1.5-1.65 mm high, the 1632 ranges from 3.00 to 3.20 mm, so the optic internal volume is that much smaller as well.

These engineers at Holosun appear to know what they are doing.

If the 509T used an Acro footprint I would be more enthused. Since I got Fix it Sticks I really have t had much trouble with screws.
    My experience matches yours. If the slide is milled/cut for the cross-bolt, its a no-brainer for me. No plate. Less complexity. Easy day. Still have to take care in mounting it.

On slides meant for top-down or plates, I find cross-bolts may decrease the total number of screws involved but if mounted incorrectly or given enough cycles it still loosens eventually.

Again, my experience is limited to about 6k on the 509T.

I like the self-centering design of the 509t mounting system. I do wish there was a standard, but strongly prefer a taper mount to screws.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I don't know how I missed the battery change. It's kinda disappointing.

User Tag List