Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Energizer are trash.

Look at SoCalDep's battery testing thread:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....d-Battery-Type
    Those are the 2032 (that are likely the unmarked ones made in China). I’d certainly be interested in seeing the “Made in Indonesia” marked ECR1632s compared to the Duracells that are also marked the same.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Energizer. It was the CO model, so the reticle may take more energy than the 2 minute dot. Still rated at “up to 50k hours” whatever that means.
    Duracell, Duracell, Duracell.

Only use Duracell in a PMO. They are the only battery manufacturer that makes that batteries to correct precision spec. The smallest smidge of wiggle room means the battery jiggles around under recoil (slide reciprocating), loses contact, and causes issues.

Go to Costco and buy a blister pack of 'em.

When cops show up wanting me to install their RMR or change the battery and they bring anything other than Duracell to me I refused to install it until they bring back the correct brand.

Save the other crappy 2032's and 1632's for your wife's battery operated tea lights (that's where mine go).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Duracell, Duracell, Duracell.

Only use Duracell in a PMO. They are the only battery manufacturer that makes that batteries to correct precision spec. The smallest smidge of wiggle room means the battery jiggles around under recoil (slide reciprocating), loses contact, and causes issues.

Go to Costco and buy a blister pack of 'em.

When cops show up wanting me to install their RMR or change the battery and they bring anything other than Duracell to me I refused to install it until they bring back the correct brand.

Save the other crappy 2032's and 1632's for your wife's battery operated tea lights (that's where mine go).
    Does Duracell actually manufacture any lithium coin cells? Their 1632s look like they're probably made at the same Panasonic battery plant in Indonesia as the ECR1632s. (I'm aware that the same plant can produce batteries to wildly different specs/QA).

I have some concerns with Duracell's move of 2032 production from Japan to China. I'd rather use Panasonic (Indonesia) or Sony (Japan) because I trust they'll have better QA.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Does Duracell actually manufacture any lithium coin cells? Their 1632s look like they're probably made at the same Panasonic battery plant in Indonesia as the ECR1632s. (I'm aware that the same plant can produce batteries to wildly different specs/QA).

I have some concerns with Duracell's move of 2032 production from Japan to China. I'd rather use Panasonic (Indonesia) or Sony (Japan) because I trust they'll have better QA.
    I trust Duracell to remain true to spec no matter where the actual manufacturing occurs.

Guys that are a lot smarter than me and that know way more about batteries have repeatedly told me to stick with them. I've done that and so far have not been disappointed.

We have been using Renata batteries in the Acro, Holosun and 2032 size optics with complete satisfaction.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Panasonic or Duracell for me.

Site Supporter
    Have we settled that these are not exactly the same size as the 507k? I have a slide and sight paid for and ready to ship to Maple Leaf, but may want to switch over when these are actually available. Wondering if I should wait on the mill.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Have we settled that these are not exactly the same size as the 507k? I have a slide and sight paid for and ready to ship to Maple Leaf, but may want to switch over when these are actually available. Wondering if I should wait on the mill.
    Same cut according to Holosun.

The fact that both optics (407k/507k and EPS) are made by Holosun bodes favorably for them being truly the same footprint versus "close" or "close enough."

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    The fact that both optics (407k/507k and EPS) are made by Holosun bodes favorably for them being truly the same footprint versus "close" or "close enough."
    I think the bigger uncertainty is how well do these turn out to be. The dot size seems up in the air and there is a smaller battery.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List