Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    I just purchased an EPS Carry 6 Red (the only enclosed mrds I’ve ever used) and have a question regarding the reticle. If I turn the brightness up indoors to the top 3 settings, which are, subjectively, too bright, I’ll see a lot reflection and 4 lines like hash marks at the 12, ,3, 6 & 9 o’clock positions starting at the edges and stopping before they touch the dot. If I transition out a window, or go outside to much brighter ambient lighting, it goes away. When the dot is adjusted to a more appropriate brightness for the ambient lighting indoors, it’s not noticeable. I’m wondering if this is normal or if I should call Holosun? I realize everyone’s vision impacts what they see, but I didn’t see this on the SCS, although the green 2moa dot looks terrible for my eyes, like 3-4 times larger and fuzzier than the 6moa red. Thanks for any input you can provide.
    The “starburst” from a too bright dot is totally normal (at least for my eyes).

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    The “starburst” from a too bright dot is totally normal (at least for my eyes).
    Cool, thanks for the reply.
    Just to clarify, I’m seeing the “starburst” as pixelated lines appearing to reflect off the housing edges of the lens, intensifying as the brightness increases. I always assumed when people used the term they were referring to the starburst originating from the dot projecting outward towards the housing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    Cool, thanks for the reply.
    Just to clarify, I’m seeing the “starburst” as pixelated lines appearing to reflect off the housing edges of the lens, intensifying as the brightness increases. I always assumed when people used the term they were referring to the starburst originating from the dot projecting outward towards the housing.
    Some light at the edges of the lens is normal when indoors at a very high brightness. Won't be a thing outdoors.

I'd consider on the top end of the spectrum of what starbursting is- IE, if I'm indoors and starting at a mid setting, dot looks good, a few clicks up and the dot has some bloom or Starburst, a few more clicks up and the dot is really blooming, max out the brightness and I'm seeing light at the edges of the window as well

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Some light at the edges of the lens is normal when indoors at a very high brightness. Won't be a thing outdoors.

I'd consider on the top end of the spectrum of what starbursting is- IE, if I'm indoors and starting at a mid setting, dot looks good, a few clicks up and the dot has some bloom or Starburst, a few more clicks up and the dot is really blooming, max out the brightness and I'm seeing light at the edges of the window as well
    Alright, thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Reviewer of the Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    Maybe a little bit late, but if the Costa Ludus sights are 0.330" total height rear and shows the correct amount notch for you, then maybe you'd also be pleased with the 10-8 Performance Gen 2 rear sight that is almost the same at 0.325" total height combined with a Heinie plain black front sight. I have the 10-8 Gen 2 rear sight (0.325" total, 0.250" blade above the slide) on a 19.5 MOS with a 0.215" Heinie plain black front, and this combination works well for me with an FCD/TD ACRO plate and Steiner MPS. The fluorescent yellow front on those Costa Ludus sights would bug me too for BUIS. Also, "Costa Ludus" sounds really dorky with the name evoking gladiator training and their company logo based on retiarius gear.
    Hey good looking out man, thank you. I actually had that exact set of 10-8 sights in my parts box and it worked out perfectly. The front is a fiber optic sight, so I will be replacing that with Heinie as you mentioned in the near future.

The EPS mounted on an MOS Glock with an Eleven-71 Design plate will co-witness with standard height 10-8 Gen 2 Glock MOS BUIS. The ears of the rear sight just barely clear the deck of the optic, but it works. Probably close to a lower 1/5 co-witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Hey good looking out man, thank you. I actually had that exact set of 10-8 sights in my parts box and it worked out perfectly. The front is a fiber optic sight, so I will be replacing that with Heinie as you mentioned in the near future.

The EPS mounted on an MOS Glock with an Eleven-71 Design plate will co-witness with standard height 10-8 Gen 2 Glock MOS BUIS. The ears of the rear sight just barely clear the deck of the optic, but it works. Probably close to a lower 1/5 co-witness.
    Great! Now just have to figure out what height front to get. In the old days before optics, I would have to struggle to see where the .215, .235, and .250 front sights put the POI with the 10-8, Warren, or Heinie rear sights. Nowadays, I think I would just get .215 and call it good since it's a back up iron sight and a bit of six o'clock hold wouldn't bother me if it's used with an optic.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    Great! Now just have to figure out what height front to get. In the old days before optics, I would have to struggle to see where the .215, .235, and .250 front sights put the POI with the 10-8, Warren, or Heinie rear sights. Nowadays, I think I would just get .215 and call it good since it's a back up iron sight and a bit of six o'clock hold wouldn't bother me if it's used with an optic.
    I used a .215 Warren front w/ the 10-8 rear and it gives a good sight picture above the deck of the optic. I sighted it in yesterday and did try the irons @ 15 yards and didn’t have any problems with elevation within my normal level of accuracy. I like the 10-8 since it duplicates the shape of the Warren rear Ive used for years.
    Attachment 115203
    Last edited by Chefdog; 02-16-2024 at 06:26 PM.

Question EPS Carry Mounted to Direct Mill Slide

Mounting Screw Question for an EPS Carry,

I am planing to mount an EPS Carry to an AIM Surplus directed milled 43X Slide. I am putting together an order with McMaster-Carr. I already plan to order the battery tray screw replacements, but I will need to order Mounting Screws for the EPS Carry as well. Does anyone know the screw size/part number for the appropriate mounting screws for a direct mill attachment (No plate, mounted directly to slide cut)?

Thank you everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    Mounting Screw Question for an EPS Carry,

I am planing to mount an EPS Carry to an AIM Surplus directed milled 43X Slide. I am putting together an order with McMaster-Carr. I already plan to order the battery tray screw replacements, but I will need to order Mounting Screws for the EPS Carry as well. Does anyone know the screw size/part number for the appropriate mounting screws for a direct mill attachment (No plate, mounted directly to slide cut)?

Thank you everyone!
    Having recently been there and done that with my own set of direct milled slides, you’ll want to check with AIM to make sure. There are a few possible options for what they could have used for thread pitch. If you didn’t get screws from them you may also ask about length. Be prepared to buy screws long from McMaster and trim to length for your slide and optic combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Having recently been there and done that with my own set of direct milled slides, you’ll want to check with AIM to make sure. There are a few possible options for what they could have used for thread pitch. If you didn’t get screws from them you may also ask about length. Be prepared to buy screws long from McMaster and trim to length for your slide and optic combo.
    Thanks for the advice. I asked AIM already, and they didn't have an answer about the screw types and said to try the screws from Holosun. So, I figured I would ask here to see if anyone has ordered screws before. I guess I will try to figure it out somehow.

User Tag List