Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    You saw the malfunction with the G48 ..;-)

The videos I am seeing confirm both the narrow and wider version use the 407k/507k moutning footprint. No RMR footprint for it as of yet.

That news combined with the solar version optic completely killed my interest in this.

I have a CHPWS 507K shim plate for my P320 Pro cut in the parts bin. Presumably this would allow mounting of the EPS on my P320 slide. I'm not sure what-if-any advantage that would provide vs using the 509T plate.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    The videos I am seeing confirm both the narrow and wider version use the 407k/507k moutning footprint. No RMR footprint for it as of yet.

That news combined with the solar version optic completely killed my interest in this.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Various Industry influencers have been dropping hints for years that Vortex was working on a significant upgrade to their pistol optics line.

This is one of those things that has been “coming soon “for three or four years.
    This would be great, since certain 1911 builders (*cough* Ed Brown and Kimber) keep cutting their dot ready guns for the Venom. Because I apparently should want to spend $2000 on a carry 1911 and then use a solidly hobby grade dot with it…

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    This would be great, since certain 1911 builders (*cough* Ed Brown and Kimber) keep cutting their dot ready guns for the Venom. Because I apparently should want to spend $2000 on a carry 1911 and then use a solidly hobby grade dot with it…
    No guarantee the new “wonder dot” from Vortex will fit the venom footprint. In fact I would be very surprised if it did since RMR/DPP/ACRO seem to be the three most common.

The logic you’re talking about from Ed Brown and Kimber is par for the course with them.

At least the Ed Brown is usually actually a $2000. 1911 for $2000.
    The Kimber is a $700.1911 that Kimber put lipstick on and sells for $2000.

I have one of the Springfield loaded operators with RMR and have been pretty pleased with it so far. It’s essentially a Long Beach Operator with the Trijicon 1911 mount installed by SA. And it’s well under $2k including the RMR.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No guarantee the new “wonder dot” from Vortex will fit the venom footprint. In fact I would be very surprised if it did since RMR/DPP/ACRO seem to be the three most common.

The logic you’re talking about from Ed Brown and Kimber is par for the course with them.

At least the Ed Brown is usually actually a $2000. 1911 for $2000.
    The Kimber is a $700.1911 that Kimber put lipstick on and sells for $2000.

I have one of the Springfield loaded operators with RMR and have been pretty pleased with it so far. It’s essentially a Long Beach Operator with the Trijicon 1911 mount installed by SA. And it’s well under $2k including the RMR.
    Your point about footprints makes sense, unfortunately for those who own Venom footprint guns.

I really like my iron sighted Brown EVO. I’m not doing dots yet but I still find it disappointing they crippled the optic versions of this gun with a footprint that, as far as I know, doesn’t support any carry-worthy dots. To be fair to them I think the Holosun K series was only just on the horizon when the EVO was developed, but it still needs a better optic.

I’m not going dots any time soon but I’m watching developments with interest since, given I’m pretty young, it seems inevitable I’ll make the switch someday. Small closed emitter options like the new Holosuns look like a major step towards rifle optics levels of viability (especially for mounting to thinner slides like 1911s).

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but K footprint should mean it has the same deck height and will use the same screws as the 407k/507k?

Quote Originally Posted by Controlledpairs2 View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but K footprint should mean it has the same deck height and will use the same screws as the 407k/507k?
    I think that is still to be determined. For example, the RMR and Holosun share the same footprint, but use different length screws.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think that is still to be determined. For example, the RMR and Holosun share the same footprint, but use different length screws.
    That makes perfect sense sir. Thank you.

I’m chasing down SHOT coverage about the EPS Carry and SPS here and elsewhere, and I have to say these new products may be enough to get me to overcome my reluctance to try Holosun. That, and an extremely favorable customer service experience last week regarding a different product of theirs I picked up, I was looking for information about flip up caps for a 503 and they sent them out free of charge.

@JCN has me looking hard at a P365XL, and it took me a moment to realize an EPS Carry might be my ideal RDS for that.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List