Page 65 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Depending upon how you tighten the screws on some 365 slides, I have seen windage problems if you don't center the optic in the slot before tightening. Not sure if that could influence elevation as well. Before pulling the optic, I might loosen the screws, make sure the optic is centered and sitting flush, and that screws are not too long. Darryl and I spoke about his EPS Carry screws being too long on his Macro slide, and I gave him the McMaster part number for the shorter screws spec'd by SoCalDeputy.

Attachment 102043
    I, too, paid as much for shipping as I did for a pack of screws. 🤑

I went with the 94414A713 which are the same screws in 8mm length. The sight mounted up as perfectly as I could tell. Screws torqued to 15 in-lb, no gaps or light between sight and slide, windage was perfect and didn’t need adjusting at 25 yards.

I consistently don’t have the best user experience with Holosuns. My four Trijicon red dots RMR/SRO mounted to M&Ps zeroed with a couple clicks and same with one RMR on a Walther PPQ.

I’m just not sure I’m comfortable with the elevation bottomed out but it’s close enough at 25 yards that I can live with the zero.
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 03-02-2023 at 11:50 AM.

I ordered the promoted EPS Carry screws from QVO Tactical... but upon arrival... they are not Torx.

My bad for not reading the description.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Please post pics when you get them installed. I'm on the fence about ordering the same combo and seeing that it works first hand might push me over the edge. The Holosun K plate I'm using doesn't fence the optic in and I'm fighting the urge to not just leave it alone as-is. There are other holes I want to fill in my gear that are competing with that money.
    Name:  PXL_20230303_051241086.jpg
Views: 1336
Size:  42.9 KB

Pardon the quality of the photo. The sights are on. They are about as low as you can go and still be able to use them. Like worse than a USGI 1911. I personally like them this short, but anybody that really feels that they *need* good irons is going to be unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post

Pardon the quality of the photo. The sights are on. They are about as low as you can go and still be able to use them. Like worse than a USGI 1911. I personally like them this short, but anybody that really feels that they *need* good irons is going to be unhappy.
    Thank you for posting that. I'm in the minority, I like the bottom of the notch exactly even with the deck. The GL-429 are just a tiny bit higher than that but it's enough to grind my gears. I'll bet the GL-455 are going to be the right sights. It looks like Calculated Kinetics is the only retailer right now that has those. They are listed in Ameriglo's catalog but not available for purchase on the website. I think they just introduced the 1-5L sizes at the beginning of the year.
    Does anyone have a micrometer and a set of Ameriglo sights? If so, would you mind measuring the depth of just the notch? Ameriglo doesn't provide this dimension, but subtracting that from the overall sight height would make it easy to pick the right ones from the catalog.

Name:  2023-03-03 09_12_33-2023_AMERIGLO_Catalog_HiRes.pdf and 17 more pages - Personal - Microsoft&#82.jpg
Views: 1288
Size:  66.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post

That's actually a nice quality photo. To re-cap: those are Ameriglo GL-453 sights through an EPS (not carry) on a CHPWS plate on an MOS full-size Glock. Do I have that right? I'm looking to build a similar setup. Would the GL-454 provide *slightly* higher witness?

@DaBigBR @stomridertx

I just received an EPS plate and low cowitness BUIS from CHPWS and installed them with an EPS on a Gen 5 19 MOS. I am thrilled with the display and how small the overall optic is compared to the Acro, even though the EPS has a much larger display.

Attachment 99318
    @GJM

Can you give a link for the low co-witness BUIS that plays well with the EPS CHWPS MOS plate? I'm either bad at navigating their site or they're bad at advertising.

New carry gun setup

Name:  A52B7CCB-2FF3-4493-A18E-B75EBC12AE8B.jpg
Views: 1198
Size:  42.3 KB

Stock Legion sights work well.

Name:  2954ECD3-60B5-48BB-851A-AFE16F04CB62.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  77.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    @GJM

Can you give a link for the low co-witness BUIS that plays well with the EPS CHWPS MOS plate? I'm either bad at navigating their site or they're bad at advertising.
    I have these on mine EPS/MOS 19, but they are taller than necessary. The Ameriglo with a .220 or .240 front should giver a lower height option.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    That's actually a nice quality photo. To re-cap: those are Ameriglo GL-453 sights through an EPS (not carry) on a CHPWS plate on an MOS full-size Glock. Do I have that right? I'm looking to build a similar setup. Would the GL-454 provide *slightly* higher witness?

@DaBigBR @stomridertx
    My patience is gone for guessing. I'm going to buy a micrometer and measure the depth of the rear sight notch on my Ameriglos. Assuming the notch is the same depth on all of their sights, then you can subtract that number from the overall height of the rear sight, compare it to the deck height, and pick the sights from the catalog that are the same or slightly lower. Where this can get frustrating with other sight manufacturers is they will list the rear sight height without specifying if they are measuring from the bottom of the dovetail or top of the slide (looking at you CHPWS). Ameriglo provides both of these dimensions on the individual sight pages, their catalog chart is from the bottom of the dovetail. They don't seem to think the depth of the notch is important information to give although it seems to me to be obviously necessary when dealing with optics.

I have these on mine EPS/MOS 19, but they are taller than necessary. The Ameriglo with a .220 or .240 front should giver a lower height option.
    Forget to put the link in:

https://chpws.com/product-tag/buis-back-up-iron-sights/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List