Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I'm getting ready to jump into the red dot game on my EDC G48, and the EPS Carry is at the top of my list for now.

I hope they prove to be rugged and reliable.

Now I just have to decide which dot option to go with.

Does anyone else wish they made a 32moa circle with a 6moa dot version?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    That would be horribly cluttered

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I'm getting ready to jump into the red dot game on my EDC G48, and the EPS Carry is at the top of my list for now.

I hope they prove to be rugged and reliable.

Now I just have to decide which dot option to go with.

Does anyone else wish they made a 32moa circle with a 6moa dot version?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    No. That would be way to cluttered.
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    That would be horribly cluttered
    I can see the appeal on an either/or basis, but both displayed at the same time would probably be too much.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I can see the appeal on an either/or basis, but both displayed at the same time would probably be too much.
    That's what I want. The option to use the 32moa circle or the 6moa dot.

I understand that both together would be a bit too much.

We had a 2moa green dot carry MPS as a sample, and I shot it a bit(~400 rounds). Sample of one, so I am unsure of variability amongst units, but the green was intense and I did well with it. I have a 6moa on a 43X and that has been fine too.
    Put me down for simple dots; at some level it’s what you train with.
    From my perspective, the smaller lens of the Carry version lends itself to a dot.
    YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    We had a 2moa green dot carry MPS as a sample, and I shot it a bit(~400 rounds). Sample of one, so I am unsure of variability amongst units, but the green was intense and I did well with it. I have a 6moa on a 43X and that has been fine too.
    Put me down for simple dots; at some level it’s what you train with.
    From my perspective, the smaller lens of the Carry version lends itself to a dot.
    YMMV
    Any preference for 2 vs. 6 in the green?

Were they set to the same intensity levels (approximately) would you say?

I’m in between carry dots and leaning heavily to a 6 MOA green EPS Carry for my P365X.

@RJ :
    At this moment, between the two samples I've worked with, I'm partial to the 2moa-that is not to say the 6moa is unsuitable. The "intensity" in a sample of ONE was/s what I liked. I've also trained pretty heavily w/an ACRO(red) and like its intensity-so there may be something there. I have some experience with a Steiner MPS(3moa?)and a green 509T.
    I ended up running the 509 with small dot.
    FWIW, the 6moa on a 43X gave me hits on a steel B/C silhouette out to 50 yards when I did my part with the trigger.
    If you think you'd have confidence with a 6-carry on.
    Not sure if helpful; the reticles I wouldn't run if I had a choice are the dot circle and chevron.
    But I'm pretty committed to enclosed emitters.

Edit to add: @RJ, usually set to same intensity, one or two down from max on all units. I might go to max on a square range with white sand; I tend to go down one at home storing in ready condition for overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

I’m in between carry dots and leaning heavily to a 6 MOA green EPS Carry for my P365X.
    I have a strong preference for 6 and red.

I recently removed a green 507 from a 19. The green dot intensity wasn't as bright as red. Green can be a problem where there is green vegetation, like is common in the summer or in southern areas. A red dot allows me the option of a green laser, which is better in daytime conditions. Red even costs less.

The 6 moa dot is less subject to being confused as splatter in adverse sun angles, and because it is easier to see, it supports target focus for me. The larger dot also appears to wiggle less for B8 style shooting. The larger dot is also better for me with my glasses or contacts off.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yes-all good points.
    My usual carry is 19MOS/w(red)ACRO and a TLR8 green laser.
    Perhaps there is a "novelty factor" going on with my current green dabbling...

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Yes-all good points.
    My usual carry is 19MOS/w(red)ACRO and a TLR8 green laser.
    Perhaps there is a "novelty factor" going on with my current green dabbling...
    At one point, there was the suggestion that green did better in low sun angles, but unfortunately that didn't prove out in testing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

If you can, try it out before you buy. I thought I would like green much better, but it didn't turn out that way. For my eyes, the red dot catches my eye much quicker in every test I have tried so far except for a bright white background. (which also surprised me) The green 6 MOA works well enough to keep, but not to buy again. I would take a red dot in any size over green going forward. I prefer larger dots, but get along with small intense red dots just fine.

User Tag List