Page 24 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

I'm all about green fiber optic front sights, but my current preference is for red dots. I have a green dot on my 1301 shotgun, and wish it was red. I can make a red dot as bright as I need, so the extra "pop" of green to the eye doesn't matter. And for most of the backgrounds I encounter, red is a better contrast.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure about the EPS, but I don't believe the EPS Carry has auto, only manual and lock out.
    Thanks GJM. As far as you are aware, and beside the size, is this the only functionality difference between the EPS and EPS Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Pardon if this has been answered but I don't recall seeing it...

What's the general consensus on how well the Auto-adjust works on these? I'm mainly curious to know if the technology has improved yet... I really want a dot that can self-adjust from bright sunlight to near-darkness incorporating a bright WML.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure about the EPS, but I don't believe the EPS Carry has auto, only manual and lock out.
    The website is vague, but the circle/ dot version of the Carry has the solar cell, which somewhere else on the site they say this means auto adjust. But they never specifically say that this applies to the carry. I favor just a dot, and usually larger than 2moa, but it indeed auto adjust I’d spend the extra money for the MRS version.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    The website is vague, but the circle/ dot version of the Carry has the solar cell, which somewhere else on the site they say this means auto adjust. But they never specifically say that this applies to the carry. I favor just a dot, and usually larger than 2moa, but it indeed auto adjust I’d spend the extra money for the MRS version.
    I haven't found the auto-adjust feature useful on my 509t2, and have mixed feelings about the solar panel. It's good to have backup power for the dot if the battery dies. On the other hand, I bet the solar panel isn't as impact resistant as bare metal.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Anyone have suggestions on solid black irons to pair with the carry on a 43x MOS using the Holosun shim? Factory Glock plastics are so low that there’s no windage reference as only the very top edge of the irons are visible. I’d like something that’s usable as a last chance back-up but not taking up more than the lower 1/4 of the window.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Anyone have suggestions on solid black irons to pair with the carry on a 43x MOS using the Holosun shim? Factory Glock plastics are so low that there’s no windage reference as only the very top edge of the irons are visible. I’d like something that’s usable as a last chance back-up but not taking up more than the lower 1/4 of the window.
    I'd check front rear separates from Dawson. Measure your current sights and see that they have that's a bit taller.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks GJM. As far as you are aware, and beside the size, is this the only functionality difference between the EPS and EPS Carry?
    Not @GJM, but the sample I’ve had, had no solar on the small “Carry EPS”. One had the choice of circle/dot or just dot. Discussion earlier thread about inadvertent clicking of intensity buttons. They are relatively large on operators perspective left side. I recall @GJM started running his in lockout mode. Smaller battery (1630? ) I think. Shake awake on mine was at 10 minutes;tested, worked and came awake on movement.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    We had an old set of Heinie 3189 Ledge “MOS/RMR Short” sights I put on a 43X that worked for me…

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Not @GJM, but the sample I’ve had, had no solar on the small “Carry EPS”. One had the choice of circle/dot or just dot. Discussion earlier thread about inadvertent clicking of intensity buttons. They are relatively large on operators perspective left side. I recall @GJM started running his in lockout mode. Smaller battery (1630? ) I think. Shake awake on mine was at 10 minutes;tested, worked and came awake on movement.
    Thanks, copy all that. It's helpful.

Two reasons for the line of questions; one is I'm in between dots because I want to do a tech refresh on mine to closed emitters. So having sold off my 407k, I am heavily favoring a 6 MOA (Red or Green) EPS Carry for my P365X. I tend to see red better than green, so most likely Red. I just have been itching to try a Green dot. I will probably just buy a red one though; it worked fine on the 407k.

Second was I had not noticed any real functional difference in the EPS vs. EPS Carry when I prepped the latest round of Quick Reference Cards for these optics. I updated them recently from 10.0 to 10.1, having (I think) gotten it correct which ones have solar, and which do not. But awkwardly I probably now need to update them again to 10.2 to include a line with the difference in EPS vs. EPS Carry of one being manual/lockout only and one being auto/manual/lockout.

Welcome, sir- let me say again you are an asset to this community.

I can check the battery this evening for the Carry EPS and advise.
    Thinking about it a bit more, if red does it for you, rock it! I have the green on 43X w/a subTLR7 mounted also-no laser.
    My "main" gun, as stated, has a Red dot ACRO and green TLR8-yeah, I'm a bit of a nerd...

User Tag List