Page 48 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

@GearFondler
    @Clusterfrack
    @HCM

You guys are right, I didn’t / don’t have any agency context.

And great point about the Acro cut Holosun… probably means the 509 goes Betamax.

If there are multiple viable duty optics (Steiner, Holosun, Aimpoint) all using the same cut, that definitely increases the survivability of the system.

Do you guys see K cut as the dominant civilian cut and Acro as the predominant duty cut in the next 5 years?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @GearFondler
    @Clusterfrack
    @HCM

You guys are right, I didn’t / don’t have any agency context.

And great point about the Acro cut Holosun… probably means the 509 goes Betamax.

If there are multiple viable duty optics (Steiner, Holosun, Aimpoint) all using the same cut, that definitely increases the survivability of the system.

Do you guys see K cut as the dominant civilian cut and Acro as the predominant duty cut in the next 5 years?
    Agency sales plus people buying what agencies buy because it is vetted and the shift to closed emitter optics, means the ACRO footprint will be the “up and comer” for the next 5 years.

Along those same lines, many small to medium size agencies buy what the FBI, their state police or the leaders large municipal agency issues. Part of this is piggybacking off the larger agency’s vetting and part is due to the fact many leaders in those agencies are either graduates of the FBI’s National Academy program or are retired from the state police or the nearby large agency.

This is how the FAMS wound up with P229s in .357. When they underwent their post 9/11 expansion the majority of the new leadership came from the USSS who issued … 229s in .357. Not a coincidence.

The real clue will be if someone makes a “gamer” optic like the SRO but with the ACRO across bolt mount.

The K cut (which was originally known as the Shield RMS-C cut) will remain for two reasons - it’s the factory cut for slim line guns like the Sig 365 series, the Glock 47/48, and it’s perfect for slim slide “full size” guns like 1911s, 2011s, BHP, CZs if you don’t want an optics plate that hangs over the sides of the slide and increases width.

Trijicon is learning that lesson the hard way with the RMRCC. It’s not a bad optic from a technical POV, but their decision to release it with a proprietary footprint, doomed it. they haven’t had continuous rebates on those optics for the last 2 years because they are selling well.

If I have another 1911 cut for an optic, it will be wearing an EPS carry on a K cut.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-31-2022 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The K cut (which was originally known as the Shield RMS-C cut) will remain for two reasons - it’s the factory cut for slim line guns like the Sig 365 series, the Glock 47/48, and it’s perfect for slim slide “full size” guns like 1911s, 2011s, BHP, CZs if you don’t want an optics plate that hangs over the sides of the slide and increases width.

RMS was initially a Jpoint cut! That was the original one, IIRC.

Agree with it being a very functional footprint.

Same hole spacing as a Deltapoint, just different with regard to bosses.

I love the 509T it is my favorite optic and I have multiple glocks with the cut.

The EPS and EPS carry is better in most ways (except price and maybe durability)

Going forward all guns will get the 407k/507k cut.

I wish the 509T footprint won out over the acro but sadly that ship seems to have sailed.

what plate are people using for the eps on a mos cut slide?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    what plate are people using for the eps on a mos cut slide?
    I used the CHPWS plate for the EPS/Carry.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

The real clue will be if someone makes a “gamer” optic like the SRO but with the ACRO across bolt mount.
    Ugh, A fabulous overall post- and please, from your fingers to manufacturer’s eyes.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I'm going the Agency Arms AOS cut route. Contacting them after the holidays to get my spare 17 gen5 cut for AOS and with an EPS/RMS shield plate.

Talked to them on the phone before xmas and they said you have to specify if your gun is getting an EPS/carry. Sounded like there is something very minor they tweak for the plate vs the RMS shield plate. Also said they were probably going to make a EPS specific plate in the not to distant future.

My spare 17 will be identical to my duty gun but will have a SCD (for AIWB carry) and a AOS cut slide with a EPS = maximum training value.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just received an EPS plate and low cowitness BUIS from CHPWS and installed them with an EPS on a Gen 5 19 MOS. I am thrilled with the display and how small the overall optic is compared to the Acro, even though the EPS has a much larger display.

Attachment 99318

Attachment 99319

Is there any advantage to the EPS over the 509T?

"Advantage" is debatable, but it is:

-Less expensive, especially when buying the single reticle versions.
    -May be less likely to require new sights.
    -Somewhat lower profile.
    -Compatible with more factory optic cuts (since it is an RMS/507 profile).

On the other hand, it's aluminum (single reticle models) instead of titanium and uses a smaller battery.

Both are still quality picks.

User Tag List