Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Sadly the 6 moa seems to move the slowest. Too many people following random guntubers suggesting 2 moa or only shooting at static range
    This year, I've bought seven Holosuns with 6MOA dot and one with ACSS reticle, so I'm doing my best to support the 6MOA club. I think part of it is the "top-of-the-line" model with the solar panels and MRS has a 2MOA dot. For some reason, the majority of consumers seem to think the solar and switchable reticles are necessary. I'll happily continue to buy the less-expensive 6MOA versions.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    This year, I've bought seven Holosuns with 6MOA dot and one with ACSS reticle, so I'm doing my best to support the 6MOA club. I think part of it is the "top-of-the-line" model with the solar panels and MRS has a 2MOA dot. For some reason, the majority of consumers seem to think the solar and switchable reticles are necessary. I'll happily continue to buy the less-expensive 6MOA versions.
    I like having mrs and solar (only because I have had twice now that battery trays launched off a the range and I used solar no battery to finish session).

I carey circle so I like mrs. I wish there was a 6mo and circle (no dot) option

I like having mrs and solar (only because I have had twice now that battery trays launched off a the range and I used solar no battery to finish session).
    Part of my routine with new Holosuns is install a new Duracell battery, blue Loctite and paint-mark the battery tray screw. They've mostly come with finger-tight battery tray screws, well under the 5 in-lb stated in the manual. I only have a couple thousand rounds on one and a few hundred through each of the rest. I did notice that an EPS Carry with 5000+ serial number came with a significantly tighter battery tray screw and almost excessive thread-locker. Holosun may be getting tired of warranty calls for replacement battery screws.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Part of my routine with new Holosuns is install a new Duracell battery, blue Loctite and paint-mark the battery tray screw. They've mostly come with finger-tight battery tray screws, well under the 5 in-lb stated in the manual. I only have a couple thousand rounds on one and a few hundred through each of the rest. I did notice that an EPS Carry with 5000+ serial number came with a significantly tighter battery tray screw and almost excessive thread-locker. Holosun may be getting tired of warranty calls for replacement battery screws.
    I def loctite but should witness marl the screw tray screw. Smart idea

I carey circle so I like mrs. I wish there was a 6mo and circle (no dot) option
    Ditto. Been shooting irons for over a year, so to get back to dots I put an EPSc MRS on my P365 X-Macro, and set it to circle only. It would have been nice to have a 6 MOA dot option, I really liked the sight picture on the 407k I had.

After having and shooting both dots I prefer the 6 moa version for now.

Difficult to photograph but a pretty good representation to the difference in size.

Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  36.9 KB

I was finding that I was using the EPS Carry optic to rack the slide of my P365 XMacro frankengun more and more. Being the coating is pretty slippery, I thought I'd just cut some hockey tape and stick it on for a bit more grip...

Well. Being a retired engineer with time on my hands, one thing led to another...you know how it goes.

I ended up creating a template, then used it to cut a cover to fit:

Name:  IMG_3166.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  40.9 KB

(It's not nearly as sketchy looking in person, for some reason the photo came out poorly and highlights all the defects.)

Later on (of course!) I found that Ranger Wraps make basically the same thing for around $20, but in case this helps out anyone else who just wants to DIY one, I attached the pattern and pdf below. I may still end up buying one, but this one seemed to work pretty well in Dry Practice today.

Oh yeah, the grid is 0.1". I tried to make the pattern so you'd only have to make straight cuts. You can still depress the buttons through the fabric. I put a length of tape onto a cardboard box top that had shiny tape still on it and a sharp knife to cut it out. I was too skeered to adhere it to the optic body and cut out the square for the solar panel. All you really need to do this is a length of 1" hockey tape or similar; I had some black laying around so that's what I used.

Name:  Screenshot from 2023-09-12 19-43-17.png
Views: 410
Size:  27.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RJ; 09-12-2023 at 06:52 PM.

Will the Forward Control OPF-G-RMR work with the 407K?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    Will the Forward Control OPF-G-RMR work with the 407K?
    No the RMR footprint us different. A 407C or 507C uses an RMR footprint, the 407K/507K/EPS use a modified Shield RMSC footprint.

User Tag List