Page 81 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Thank you for all the comments.

I took some measurements with my calipers and agree that it seems the screws are bottoming out before they are locking down on the optic.

I think the epoxy is still an issue since I don't want the screws locking down on epoxy rather on the counter bore of the screw holes themselves.

But one issue at a time. I contacted Agency Arms with the picture and my observations.

I would assume they know about the need for shorter screws for the EPS optics and can just send me new ones ASAP.

This is quite frustrating.

But it will work out eventually.

I’ve come to the conclusion that measuring and trimming optic mounting screws is as standard as blue Locktite.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’ve come to the conclusion that measuring and trimming optic mounting screws is as standard as blue Locktite.
    Agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Thank you for all the comments.

I took some measurements with my calipers and agree that it seems the screws are bottoming out before they are locking down on the optic.

I think the epoxy is still an issue since I don't want the screws locking down on epoxy rather on the counter bore of the screw holes themselves.

But one issue at a time. I contacted Agency Arms with the picture and my observations.

I would assume they know about the need for shorter screws for the EPS optics and can just send me new ones ASAP.

This is quite frustrating.

But it will work out eventually.
    Order a Dremel. It’s super handy and you’ll need it sooner or later.

Things like small parts and screws for RDS are consumables. Buy a bunch and trim to size.

ACE hardware has what you need in a pinch.

Also, NBD to lock on epoxy.

Some optics are mounted with little plastic collars under the screw heads (Shield RMS) and it’s fairly standard to use a little loctite (or E6000) under the cap head to prevent it from shaking loose.

Oops. Wrong thread.

FYI I spoke to Holosun today and they said that after completing the inspection process it will be replaced. They didn't offer any other explanation. New one is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I couldn't help myself and bought the DPP Titanium 407/507K plate on Amazon to try out.
    My DPP plate came in today. EPS Red 6 MOA should arrive in the next couple of days.

Which torque value did you use for EPS to DPP plate?

Holosun says 15 in lbs for the optic. The DPP plate instructions say 10 in lbs for optic to plate. DPP instructions also specify 12 in lbs for plate to Glock MOS slide.

Also, did you use the pre applied blue loctite on the screws or clean it off and reapply?

Thanks!
    Last edited by sparky-kb; 08-01-2023 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky-kb View Post
    My DPP plate came in today. EPS Red 6 MOA should arrive in the next couple of days.

Which torque value did you use for EPS to DPP plate?

Holosun says 15 in lbs for the optic. The DPP plate instructions say 10 in lbs for optic to plate and 12 in lbs for plate to Glock MOS slide.

Also, did you use the pre applied blue loctite on the screws or clean it off and reapply?

Thanks!
    I always clean the screws and receiving threads with acetone, then use Permatex 24005 Medium Strength Threadlocker Blue Gel. It dispenses like lip balm and is very easy to work with. For all pistol optic mounting I set my torque driver to 12 inch pounds knowing the lubrication provided by the threadlocker might take it to 13-15. I use a paint pen for witness marks and I haven't had one move on me yet. The reason I use Permatex gel instead of the Loctite blue chapstick is availability as I can buy it at any O'reilly's auto parts store.

The reason I use Permatex gel instead of the Loctite blue chapstick is availability as I can buy it at any O'reilly's auto parts store.
    Genius!

I always clean the screws and receiving threads with acetone, then use Permatex 2405 Medium Strength Threadlocker Blue Gel. It dispenses like lip balm and is very easy to work with. For all pistol optic mounting I set my torque driver to 12 inch pounds knowing the lubrication provided by the threadlocker might take it to 13-15. I use a paint pen for witness marks and I haven't had one move on me yet. The reason I use Permatex gel instead of the Loctite blue chapstick is availability as I can buy it at any O'reilly's auto parts store.
    Thanks!

I'll set mine to 12 for optic to plate as you've done and check around for that permatex. Did you set your driver to 12 in lbs for the plate to slide as well?

User Tag List