Page 59 of 96 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Policy says I can’t use a milled slide, so I finally found a 26MOS. I’m highly impressed with the EPS MRS Green so far. The night fission MOS sights (not in this photo) could be a little shorter, but their POA/POI is damn good for me which is something I’ve always had trouble with on the Gen 5s.

I’ve been using a 507k on a 365XL for about two years now, but I’m tired of $50-60 mags and lack of Safariland ALS support for last minute enforcement ops. Also, the EPS Carry MRS Red was a massive disappointment for me. I’ll give this G26 a try for a quarter as an office/surv/off duty piece, then see if I miss the Sig.

Name:  BC64B6F1-B68F-48E1-ABA6-FEA39095C52D.jpg
Views: 1849
Size:  58.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2501 View Post
    Policy says I can’t use a milled slide, so I finally found a 26MOS. I’m highly impressed with the EPS MRS Green so far. The night fission MOS sights (not in this photo) could be a little shorter, but their POA/POI is damn good for me which is something I’ve always had trouble with on the Gen 5s.

I’ve been using a 507k on a 365XL for about two years now, but I’m tired of $50-60 mags and lack of Safariland ALS support for last minute enforcement ops. Also, the EPS Carry MRS Red was a massive disappointment for me. I’ll give this G26 a try for a quarter as an office/surv/off duty piece, then see if I miss the Sig.

Name:  BC64B6F1-B68F-48E1-ABA6-FEA39095C52D.jpg
Views: 1849
Size:  58.4 KB
    Wait.

Where did you find a G26 MOS ?

I mean I know they exist in other countries and as salesman’s samples in the US but I’m not aware of them
    Being available in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Wait.

I mean I know they exist in other countries and as salesman’s samples in the US but I’m not aware of them
    They’re popping up on gunbroker every now and then. It was “used” but still had the factory anti seize compound on it. All serial #s matched

Site Supporter
    They’re popping up on gunbroker every now and then. It was “used” but still had the factory anti seize compound on it. All serial #s matched
    Hmm

We had an EPS MRS come in for T&E just this week, and it won't come on. Holosun has a good reputation for customer service, so I'm sure it will get sorted next week.
    I did try a new battery, and as casual experiment tried "charging" with a small light on solar panel-no joy. As a side question, can anyone comment on how they work-curious!
    As another data point, saw an SCS (no battery) work through a shooting course this week with no reported issue. We've had 509Ts on some guns for awhile with no bad reports. And I have a EPS carry from last year-carried occasionally-no issues, but I just changed battery after 6 months.

Working with my EPS 6MOA has still been positive so far. It would have made more sense to me to make the full size EPS into a 509 series mounting and just have the EPS Carry with the K footprint. When you are using a mounting plate the ability to use standard sights disappears, and there just aren't many full size guns direct milled for the K footprint. I hope they learn from the EPS launch that different size dot options are wanted rather than just the circle dot, and that a lot of users will choose non solar options if available. I'm super tempted to get another 509T and run it circle only on the G19, and save the EPS for an offset optic or maybe put it on a G44 Nelson slide. If I was running a G48MOS or G43X MOS as a carry gun I would probably think the EPS Carry was the greatest thing ever for that gun. If a 6 MOA 509 with 7075 aluminum housing and no solar existed, I would run that optic on every defensive oriented Glock in my household.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Working with my EPS 6MOA has still been positive so far. It would have made more sense to me to make the full size EPS into a 509 series mounting and just have the EPS Carry with the K footprint. When you are using a mounting plate the ability to use standard sights disappears, and there just aren't many full size guns direct milled for the K footprint. I hope they learn from the EPS launch that different size dot options are wanted rather than just the circle dot, and that a lot of users will choose non solar options if available. I'm super tempted to get another 509T and run it circle only on the G19, and save the EPS for an offset optic or maybe put it on a G44 Nelson slide. If I was running a G48MOS or G43X MOS as a carry gun I would probably think the EPS Carry was the greatest thing ever for that gun. If a 6 MOA 509 with 7075 aluminum housing and no solar existed, I would run that optic on every defensive oriented Glock in my household.
    Excellent post because I fully agree with your desires which proves scientifically that you are correct and Holosun needs to make it happen.

I’m a little over a thousand rounds in on one EPS Carry 6MOA, purchased 07/22. No drama. I’ve been carrying it exclusively since early December. I did a preemptive battery change around Christmas and, with it set at 10/12 and a minimum of five full days/week of carry, the battery is still going strong. I’ll probably let it get to the end of the month and do another battery change.

I picked up a second one today for my backup/practice gun. The newer one has much cleaner glue around the lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Wait.

They’re available for agency purchase.

And yeah, I’ve seen two or three on Gunbroker.

Maple Leaf FA has the MRS Red in-stock if anyone is looking for one. Ordered one Friday. Shipped yesterday says it will be here Thursday.

User Tag List