Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think the answer is, it depends. When the dot is working, and I see it, I want BUIS as low and dark as possible. For something like acquiring the dot in pitch darkness, support hand only, tritium is like lead in lights to the runway.
    When does the weapon mounted light or even handheld come into play?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I like the concept of Straight 8s but I also have to ask why. If iron sights are back ups to the dot do they need to be tritium?
    I agree. However, Heinie does't make this sight without the tritium. 🤷

I'm also a newbie to the Land of Dots… so having a sight picture that I'm used to if I decide to put the MOS cover back on and give up on the experiment is desirable to me because I'm a poor.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How rounded/shirt friendly is this rear sight?
    I've been carrying the slant-ledges for nearly a decade. I much preferr them to the Warnes I had before… but this is my first with this new MOS model. They seem very well designed and rounded, the ridges end and chamfer before the edge of the sight. They also seem slimline width, so that's interesting… methinks the shirt would be shielded from any possible abrasion by the side of the slide and optic.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am still new to pistol mounted optics, but like Masternave I also prefer tritium in my backup sights, as well as the bottom of the notch even with the bottom of the lens. If the optic stops working, I want the irons to be as close as I can get to being as good as I would have without the optic.
    I've determined for myself having anywhere from the full rear notch to 3/4 of the notch visible to be ideal, with perfect being the bottom of the notch dead even with the deck height. Having achieved what I describe as perfect with the Ameriglo GL-453/EPS/DPP plate combo, I really don't see why folks chase it even lower than that when it's the best of both worlds and doesn't impede the window at all when looking at the dot. Why NOT have a full iron sight picture available if it's not compromising use of the optic? Generally when target focusing and using the dot in this configuration, I never notice the irons.
    Something not to be overlooked is the epoxy seal around the optic window. If you have the bottom of the rear notch even with the deck, some of the notch is still obscured by this sealant. I'd say a little under 1/4 or so and not enough to compromise the sight picture at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    When does the weapon mounted light or even handheld come into play?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Obviously a weapon light does a great job of illuminating plain black sights. Enough so, Bill Rogers joked that it took the first night session to have some students at Rogers look at their sights. Some of us mostly don't have a light on our pistol, and support hand only with the pistol probably means no handheld. That is why I said it depends, different people and different scenarios might cause black or tritium BUIS to be preferable. My most common setup is an orange front with tritium, and black rear -- the orange helps me pick up the front size through the optic display and the black rear doesn't draw my eye away from the red dot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've appreciated having tritium in the few low-light classes I took a while back… just having a sense of where the gun is in space before turning on my WML or offhand light prevented some spill and offset issues shooting around cover. I don't think it's going to mess with my sight picture with the dot too much, but if I hate it… there's always a black sharpie.

In my daily boring life, the main reason I keep buying tritium sights is that I tend to stand my flashlight next to the rear tritium on the nightstand so that I can grab it blindly in the dark.

After a 6 month wait I got my gen 5 17 slide back from Agency Arms with their AOS optic cut and plate for the EPS Ivs had since December. The optic cut work seems stellar.

I went to install my EPS, you know, the one that’s been sitting for 7 months, and found that some of the epoxy from the rear window install got into the recess that the screws lock down on preventing the correct installation of the optic. Can’t tighten the screws enough for it not to rattle. I contacted Holosun and they approved a RMA. So it will get fixed, but dang, I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t a bummer for my first foray into a red dot.

May be hard tell from the photo but the screws can’t sit flush.

Name:  94EEBAEB-C3A8-419C-AD7E-0EFADDA44F8F.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  41.0 KB

Name:  6FC56DE3-9232-446D-A735-C367E404CF79.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  35.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    After a 6 month wait I got my gen 5 17 slide back from Agency Arms with their AOS optic cut and plate for the EPS Ivs had since December. The optic cut work seems stellar.

I went to install my EPS, you know, the one that’s been sitting for 7 months, and found that some of the epoxy from the rear window install got into the recess that the screws lock down on preventing the correct installation of the optic. Can’t tighten the screws enough for it not to rattle. I contacted Holosun and they approved a RMA. So it will get fixed, but dang, I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t a bummer for my first foray into a red dot.

I would trim the screws with a dremel

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post

30 second fix with an xacto under a magnifier.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    I've appreciated having tritium in the few low-light classes I took a while back… just having a sense of where the gun is in space before turning on my WML or offhand light prevented some spill and offset issues shooting around cover. I don't think it's going to mess with my sight picture with the dot too much, but if I hate it… there's always a black sharpie.

In my daily boring life, the main reason I keep buying tritium sights is that I tend to stand my flashlight next to the rear tritium on the nightstand so that I can grab it blindly in the dark.
    I've had that Heinie setup on a 43X for months now w/a small EPS and am very satisfied with it. As @masternave said, a glowing dot or dots can help one orient to the gun in the dark. It has not affected my sighting negatively.
    And, sorta like @GJM, I like something on/in the front sight to highlight it.
    My only suggestion for a carry piece would be to shoot it at a reasonable target to check impact without the dot on. For me, that's an 8" plate at 10-15 yards.

Does anyone know how to get replacement OEM screws from Holosun? I'm looking for a few spares of the largest set of screws that come with the EPS Carry (for use with the Staccato DPO system). Thanks in advance!

User Tag List