Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I'm hoping a high round count shooter will run a gun with one hard and report back. Ideally Aaron Cowan, but it would be nice for the initial positive impression of the plates to be vetted for real. I've had zero issues and it's my favorite mount right now. It does kind of suck that China has made another inroad in milling titanium cheaper than we can (and doing it with precision), but that compromise is already made with the actual optic.
    Yeah, I'm not going to claim my EPS doesn't have any issues until I get at least 10k rounds on it. I think I've got about 2k with mine so far. No offense to those that state "its going strong after 300 rounds now".

But I do love it... In my opinion it was a leap forward in carry optics.

One things for sure... Aaron Cowan beat the phuc out of one and the glass didn't even crack.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have a low tech method for calculating front sight heights on RDS pistols.

1) sight in pistol RDS
    2) using a digital micrometer, determine front sight height to cowitness with dot

I know this is totally the wrong way, but hey - it’s been working so far.
    Here's what I did... I measured to the top of the deck after the sight was installed. Then added .03 or .04 over it for the front sight and chose the proper hight rear sight to match (probably .02 over that). it was such an unscientific process, I don't even remember what the measurements were. The variety from Dawson and Ameriglo, you can get sights essentially perfectly customized.

I wanted my backups to be just good enough to use AS BACKUP. Right? Only one of my pistols I wish the sights were higher and it was because I used a front sight I had on hand. The rest of my pistols the backups are perfect.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Anyone know if the internals on the EPS and EPS Carry are the same? Just wondering if my EPS would lose zero with a hard drop like my EPS Carry did, or if the internals are beefed up due to space allowed by the wider body.

FWIW after re-zeroing the EPS Carry it has held that zero for about 400 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Anyone know if the internals on the EPS and EPS Carry are the same? Just wondering if my EPS would lose zero with a hard drop like my EPS Carry did, or if the internals are beefed up due to space allowed by the wider body.

FWIW after re-zeroing the EPS Carry it has held that zero for about 400 rounds.
    My guess would be the chip set and EPROM that comes with each would be identical. What might be different would be parameter settings for the sights, for example if the charge current on an EPS vs. EPS Carry solar cell might be different due to the size of the cells.

But yeah, in simple terms I’d expect them to be essentially identical.

EDIT apologies I missed you were referring to physical characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    Yeah, I'm not going to claim my EPS doesn't have any issues until I get at least 10k rounds on it. I think I've got about 2k with mine so far. No offense to those that state "its going strong after 300 rounds now".

But I do love it... In my opinion it was a leap forward in carry optics.

One things for sure... Aaron Cowan beat the phuc out of one and the glass didn't even crack.
    I've become confident in the EPS, at least my sample of one. What I want to see put through the ringer is the DPP Titanium MOS plate.

Heinie Straight 8 MOS (low) #3189L

While scouring this thread, comparing micromeasurements, and trying to ascertain the lowest possible BUIS… I noticed that Heinie has a new MOS (low) set. I've been shooting Heinie Straight-8s for… years. The dimensions looked right…

Name:  IMG_1979.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  32.7 KB

Oh yeah. The back notch is nearly flush with the deck of my EPS on the DPP plate.

Name:  IMG_1980.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  30.1 KB

Now I have a sight picture to which I've become very accustomed. I know the tritium is arguably whatever, I'm just used to having it and if I have to take the Holosun off… I still have a Glock 19 that I'm used to carrying. Eyeballing it, I can't tell if it's even taller than the Slant-ledge on my 19.4.

Name:  IMG_1984.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  11.2 KB

Very pleased indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    While scouring this thread, comparing micromeasurements, and trying to ascertain the lowest possible BUIS… I noticed that Heinie has a new MOS (low) set. I've been shooting Heinie Straight-8s for… years. The dimensions looked right…

Oh yeah. The back notch is nearly flush with the deck of my EPS on the DPP plate.

Now I have a sight picture to which I've become very accustomed. I know the tritium is arguably whatever, I'm just used to having it and if I have to take the Holosun off… I still have a Glock 19 that I'm used to carrying. Eyeballing it, I can't tell if it's even taller than the Slant-ledge on my 19.4.

Very pleased indeed.
    How rounded/shirt friendly is this rear sight?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post

Very pleased indeed.
    I like the concept of Straight 8s but I also have to ask why. If iron sights are back ups to the dot do they need to be tritium?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I like the concept of Straight 8s but I also have to ask why. If iron sights are back ups to the dot do they need to be tritium?

I am still new to pistol mounted optics, but like Masternave I also prefer tritium in my backup sights, as well as the bottom of the notch even with the bottom of the lens. If the optic stops working, I want the irons to be as close as I can get to being as good as I would have without the optic.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

I think the answer is, it depends. When the dot is working, and I see it, I want BUIS as low and dark as possible. For something like acquiring the dot in pitch darkness, support hand only, tritium is like lead in lights to the runway.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List