Page 76 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    Finally scored an EPS Carry, hopefully this one has no issues, out of the box seems fine. If this has been asked or recommended already, my apologies ahead of time. Looking at this for G43X MOS. Is it recommended to use a plate like DPP or CH Precision for preferred mounting vs sending to CH Precision for the MOS package to direct mount to a G43X slide after they machine off the two rear nubs on the slide?
    https://chpws.com/product/glock-43x-...lling-upgrade/

Thanks in advance for the info
    Did some further research...A coworker had CH Precision do the 43X MOS mod with cerakote, EPS Carry mounted flush/level got his zero without issue. He had to trim the right screw (on ejection side of gun). The finish is rough to say the least, I think a whole slide refinish in DLC or Nitride would have been better. Recently saw, read about, and discovered some who have used Jager Werks without issue. Think I will send the slide to them for direct mount of EPS Carry. Thanks to all for the input, this has been very informative on the smaller units.

Does anyone know the McMaster Carr screw that replaces the EPS battery tray screw?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Does anyone know the McMaster Carr screw that replaces the EPS battery tray screw?
    Interested as well, because every time I change the battery on a Holosun, I worry about dropping and losing that screw.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The 509 Battery tray screw is:
    McMaster Carr 91294A002
    Black-Oxide Alloy Steel 0.050” Hex Drive Flat Head Screw, 90 Degree Countersink Angle, M2 x 0.40

My notes have a question mark about this screw for the EPS:
    M2.5x0.45x5mm or 6mm?
    https://www.mcmaster.com/91698A240/

Can anyone confirm or reject this?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The 509 Battery tray screw is:
    McMaster Carr 91294A002
    Black-Oxide Alloy Steel 0.050” Hex Drive Flat Head Screw, 90 Degree Countersink Angle, M2 x 0.40

My notes have a question mark about this screw for the EPS:
    M2.5x0.45x5mm or 6mm?
    https://www.mcmaster.com/91698A240/

Can anyone confirm or reject this?
    I pulled out the tray screw from an EPS Carry and measured the overall length at 4.3mm so it's probably M2.5x4mm. I don't have anything to measure threads that small but it's definitely bigger than the M2x4mm screw from the 507k I have. One nice thing about the Holosun screws is the screw head slot fits the windage/elevation adjustment tool. If you go to an aftermarket screw, it'll probably be a 1.5mm hex or T8 Torx drive.

Even though the Holosun screws seem to be made of pretty soft metal, they've been good about sending out free replacements upon request (info@holosun.com).

Finally got my 19 slide back to complete the set. Glock steel sights 7.3mm rear.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Finally found some change back of the couch to replace my sold 407k with an EPS Carry Red MRS. 2023 was kinda sorta gonna be my year of the irons, but circumstances have changed and I want to have a dot again. Seems like errbody is at the $399 price point unless I miss something.

Generally are these optics shaking out ok? I assume so by the lack of persistent issues (ok, some) being reported here and elsewhere. Any reason not to order one, lemme know.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Finally found some change back of the couch to replace my sold 407k with an EPS Carry Red MRS. 2023 was kinda sorta gonna be my year of the irons, but circumstances have changed and I want to have a dot again. Seems like errbody is at the $399 price point unless I miss something.

Generally are these optics shaking out ok? I assume so by the lack of persistent issues (ok, some) being reported here and elsewhere. Any reason not to order one, lemme know.
    I’ve had a green EPS Carry on a G43X since last summer with no issues over a few hundred rounds. There has been a red full size EPS on a Glock at work as a T&E sample for several months and 2,000+ rounds-no problems. So, that’s two examples, FWIW.
    I lean a bit toward the crossbar mount on Aimpoint, 509T and Steiner, but the EPS sights are performing just fine. I carried the 43X combo last week with no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    I’ve had a green EPS Carry on a G43X since last summer with no issues over a few hundred rounds. There has been a red full size EPS on a Glock at work as a T&E sample for several months and 2,000+ rounds-no problems. So, that’s two examples, FWIW.
    I lean a bit toward the crossbar mount on Aimpoint, 509T and Steiner, but the EPS sights are performing just fine. I carried the 43X combo last week with no worries.
    Great input, thank you. Ordered last night.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Great input, thank you. Ordered last night.
    Rich - where did you end up sourcing the EPS-C?

User Tag List