Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

I just had an EPS Carry on a Macro start acting funky. I changed the battery and it started acting normal again. Checked the battery on our tester, and it showed discharged. The battery tester is an important diagnostic tool for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just had an EPS Carry on a Macro start acting funky. I changed the battery and it started acting normal again. Checked the battery on our tester, and it showed discharged. The battery tester is an important diagnostic tool for me.
    This. I added a good battery tester and green Wheeler bore sighter to my "red dot kit" a year or two ago. Both have been well worth it.

Thread drift - what is a good battery tester? I can get one from Harbor Freight for $6. Is that good enough for these coin batteries?

I finally have a my Steyr slide back, with EPS mounted. But the cerakote I am assuming is thick enough that the barrel won't seat. So no rounds through the EPS yet. I am going to do some light sanding on the breach face and see if that's where my issue is.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Thread drift - what is a good battery tester? I can get one from Harbor Freight for $6. Is that good enough for these coin batteries?

I finally have a my Steyr slide back, with EPS mounted. But the cerakote I am assuming is thick enough that the barrel won't seat. So no rounds through the EPS yet. I am going to do some light sanding on the breach face and see if that's where my issue is.
    I bought this one and have been happy with it.
    https://www.amazon.com/ZTS-Multi-Bat...s%2C217&sr=8-3

How are these holding up and performing long-term compared to something like the 509T? I posted November of 2022 asking for some feedback when they were fairly new and have yet to acquire one, but I'm boxing up my G48 slide to send it off for a 407K/EPS Carry cut this weekend. I also have an M&P 2.0 CORE I need to get a plate for as well and I'm considering the full-size EPS. I'm not opposed to a 509T, but I have an astigmatism and find that I prefer the larger dots like the 6.5MOA in my RM07 over something smaller, but I want to venture into the closed-emitter world. Having tried a 508T which has the same reticle, I found the 2MOA dot a little too small for my liking, the 32MOA ring too broad, and both together was too cluttered. I'm adaptable and would get used to it but would really rather just get an EPS with the 6MOA dot if they're holding up well now that they've been out for awhile. Primary use would be AIWB carry and a monthly practice session of 100rnds with a match thrown in once in awhile to keep sharp with it. I see spotty reports of some QC issues which I expect from any company, so that doesn't worry me too much. Particularly those with higher round counts, I'd love some end-user feedback. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    How are these holding up and performing long-term compared to something like the 509T? I posted November of 2022 asking for some feedback when they were fairly new and have yet to acquire one, but I'm boxing up my G48 slide to send it off for a 407K/EPS Carry cut this weekend. I also have an M&P 2.0 CORE I need to get a plate for as well and I'm considering the full-size EPS. I'm not opposed to a 509T, but I have an astigmatism and find that I prefer the larger dots like the 6.5MOA in my RM07 over something smaller, but I want to venture into the closed-emitter world. Having tried a 508T which has the same reticle, I found the 2MOA dot a little too small for my liking, the 32MOA ring too broad, and both together was too cluttered. I'm adaptable and would get used to it but would really rather just get an EPS with the 6MOA dot if they're holding up well now that they've been out for awhile. Primary use would be AIWB carry and a monthly practice session of 100rnds with a match thrown in once in awhile to keep sharp with it. I see spotty reports of some QC issues which I expect from any company, so that doesn't worry me too much. Particularly those with higher round counts, I'd love some end-user feedback. Thanks!

Had a few issues with low serial # eps carry (under 30). It would.sometimes shift zero.a click or.two. That one went back.and was replaced.

That said I have more than a few.of these and over 15k+ on a single one. Also have 6k+ on a different one..no issues.

Biggest issue is 2x had the battery tray fly off on new units..but that was user error trusting factory loctite

I have a half dozen EPS (full size) 6 moa in use, with one on a G5 20 and another on an Sig X Ten. Have two EPS Carry. All are working great. I also heard of some issues with early Carry units. The full size came after the Carry, and it seems they worked the issues out by then.

I don't think the 2 moa red dot is bright enough on the 509T, although green is. I see two main reasons to use the 509T, you want to have a back up optic zeroed and ready to slap on a slide, or you want to use auto which the EPS full size six moa dot does not have. Auto doesn't work well enough for me with the two moa dot on the 509T, but circle only seems to work for me in auto.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Maybe a little bit late, but if the Costa Ludus sights are 0.330" total height rear and shows the correct amount notch for you, then maybe you'd also be pleased with the 10-8 Performance Gen 2 rear sight that is almost the same at 0.325" total height combined with a Heinie plain black front sight. I have the 10-8 Gen 2 rear sight (0.325" total, 0.250" blade above the slide) on a 19.5 MOS with a 0.215" Heinie plain black front, and this combination works well for me with an FCD/TD ACRO plate and Steiner MPS. The fluorescent yellow front on those Costa Ludus sights would bug me too for BUIS. Also, "Costa Ludus" sounds really dorky with the name evoking gladiator training and their company logo based on retiarius gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    I have been searching for the ideal plate and sight configuration for my G19.5 MOS and EPS for some time. I find myself constantly disappointed and wish I just sent a slide to be direct milled with a BUIS in front of the optic. May still do this...

For now, the Eleven-71 MOS/EPS plate is mounted on my slide. Incredible plate with incredible craftsmanship. I was previously using the Calculated Kinetics Dogtag plate but stripped and then sheared one of the screws when trying to remove the plate. That slide is now with a machinist friend who is trying to remove the broken off post.

I tried a set of Ameriglo GL-429 sights with Elven-71 and they were too tall. Took up about 1/3 of the optic window. I then tried a set of Ameriglo GL-455 3L sights (.260" Front & .335" Rear). These just barely cleared the deck of the optic body and didn't seem useable to me.

I had a set of Night Fision Costa Ludus sights in my parts box from a G26.5 MOS before it got a SCS. These sights provide an almost perfect lower 1/4 co-witness. The edge of the optic deck cuts the large yellow high-vis almost perfectly in half. Their website lists these as a 0.249" front and 0.330" height rear. So I really don't understand why these worked and the Ameriglo GL-453s didn't.

I tested the Costa Ludus sights in some different lighting conditions and they do seem overly bright in daylight. Not sure if I'm sold on them.

Attachment 113374
    Attachment 113375
    Attachment 113376
    Attachment 113377
    Attachment 113378
    Attachment 113379

I think I hate everything and should just order a bunch of Dawsons.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I bought this one and have been happy with it.
    https://www.amazon.com/ZTS-Multi-Bat...s%2C217&sr=8-3
    Have had that one since 2019 when GJM recommended it here, buy once cry once as Pat used to say.

I just purchased an EPS Carry 6 Red (the only enclosed mrds I’ve ever used) and have a question regarding the reticle. If I turn the brightness up indoors to the top 3 settings, which are, subjectively, too bright, I’ll see a lot reflection and 4 lines like hash marks at the 12, ,3, 6 & 9 o’clock positions starting at the edges and stopping before they touch the dot. If I transition out a window, or go outside to much brighter ambient lighting, it goes away. When the dot is adjusted to a more appropriate brightness for the ambient lighting indoors, it’s not noticeable. I’m wondering if this is normal or if I should call Holosun? I realize everyone’s vision impacts what they see, but I didn’t see this on the SCS, although the green 2moa dot looks terrible for my eyes, like 3-4 times larger and fuzzier than the 6moa red. Thanks for any input you can provide.

User Tag List