Page 61 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Anybody else notice a lack of tactile zero adjustment clicks? I was able to get my EPS zeroed, but there was zero feedback from adjustments and even inside a quiet house, I have to hold the optic right next to my ear to be able to hear anything. (And my hearing is within normal ranges.)
    I just got mine a few hours ago but when I moved the dot to lollipop the front sight I definitely felt and heard clicks. Not very substantial but I could hear and feel the movement.

Does anyone here by chance have their EPS mounted on an HK VP9? I'm trying to figure out the best plate to use, sounds like maybe the CHPWS is the way to go despite being twice the cost of the HK one.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. - Richard Feynman
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist.- Archbishop Helder Câmara

So I went through the last couple dozen pages of the thread and could not find a definitive answer...

Glock MOS with EPS on C&H plate...will "normal" height sighs (let's say the rear is 0.256"/0.176" above slide and front is 0.165") work? Everything I have seen with Ameriglo 429s on that combination makes the irons look very tall. I know it "doesn't matter", but I'd prefer minimal height irons.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    So I went through the last couple dozen pages of the thread and could not find a definitive answer...

Glock MOS with EPS on C&H plate...will "normal" height sighs (let's say the rear is 0.256"/0.176" above slide and front is 0.165") work? Everything I have seen with Ameriglo 429s on that combination makes the irons look very tall. I know it "doesn't matter", but I'd prefer minimal height irons.
    I don't believe so. Perhaps something with a .215 front, and definitely the CHPWS low height BUIS, as I have them with a CHPWS MOS plate on a EDC 19. JHC told me OEM sights weren't tall enough on his MOS with the EPS.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don't believe so. Perhaps something with a .215 front, and definitely the CHPWS low height BUIS, as I have them with a CHPWS MOS plate on a EDC 19. JHC told me OEM sights weren't tall enough on his MOS with the EPS.
    They're like lower 1/8th or lower 1/10 vs lower third of the window. Really on the floor of the window. So far ok up close like 7 yard stuff as an emergency. I plan to upgrade them.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post

The C&H plate is slightly shallower than the Holosun plate in my photos, so GL-429s would edge on the side of being a little too tall. However, the fact that it has to sit on a plate makes it too tall for normal sights so something in between has to be found. I think the GL-453 might be it for the notch to be barely visible. Knowing what I know now I'd put a 509T on a full size Glock over the EPS even though I prefer the 6 MOA dot over the circle only. Oddly enough, the GL-453 isn't carried by any Ameriglo resellers so they'd have to be purchased direct from Ameriglo at full retail price.
    https://ameriglo.com/products/details/gl-453

Quick general question...

I am planning to upgrade my Gen5's to MOS models and I originally wanted to go the EPS carry route. I had prepurchased some Dawson sights for the gun under the assumption that (according to Holosun) that the deck was lower and would allow for a lower 1/3 cowitness with OEM sights. Looking at various pictures online of 17s and 19s with an Eps carry mounted with various brands of plates, it doesn't seem to be the case. (OEM sights don't cowitness)

Can anyone chime in with some insight to this or would I have to go the SCS route to allow the Dawson's to shine if the optics fail?

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    Quick general question...

I am planning to upgrade my Gen5's to MOS models and I originally wanted to go the EPS carry route. I had prepurchased some Dawson sights for the gun under the assumption that (according to Holosun) that the deck was lower and would allow for a lower 1/3 cowitness with OEM sights. Looking at various pictures online of 17s and 19s with an Eps carry mounted with various brands of plates, it doesn't seem to be the case. (OEM sights don't cowitness)

Can anyone chime in with some insight to this or would I have to go the SCS route to allow the Dawson's to shine if the optics fail?
    The deck is lower, but with the full size Glock MOS models you add the thickness of the plate back into the equation. It winds up being the equivalent deck height of a direct milled RMR. Sights that give a lower 1/3 or 1/4 co-witness with a direct milled RMR will provide the same for a 509T or EPS with plate. That is using Holosun's plates, the CHPWS plate is a tiny bit thinner for the EPS and may allow a slightly lower set of sights. Dawsons sit higher than OEM sights and there is a possibility they will peek over the top of the deck. The EPS and 507K will only work with OEM sight height on a direct-milled slide, a plate system ruins that.
    I think there is a possibility that this particular Dawson set will be visible over an EPS with CHPWS plate, but someone will have to be the first buyer to try it and report back.
    https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...ess-sight-set/

Is everyone just using the stock P365XL night sights or is there a slightly taller all black set that works better with these?

The stock P365 Xray3 sights just peek above the deck of the EPS Carry. If I line up the sights, I can see maybe the top half of the front dot. On the other hand, Sig suppressor height sights are way too tall and obtrusive.

On another note, I emailed Holosun about getting shorter shoulder screws to attach the EPS Carry to arguably the most popular optic-ready slim pistol on the market (P365) and they told me to go buy them myself.

Here is a company that has the screws you will need to mount the EPS to your
    Sig.
    https://www.calculatedkinetics.us/co...40169725001793

Best regards,

Holosun Technologies, Inc
    PO Box 93031
    City of Industry, CA 91715
    www.holosun.com
    Phone (909) 594-2888

User Tag List