Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig is releasing their NGSW Entrant (MCX-SPEAR)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    The current plan (for what that's worth) is to issue the NGSW carbine and MG to combat specialties only. Others would keep their M4s.
    That won't last. The logistics of ammo alone will kill that. Never mind the development and fielding of TA-50 and such. (Working on the R&D side of the Army really opens your eyes to considerations like this).

I'm hearing mixed reviews. Basically it's big, heavy, recoil, plus the weight of ammo and reloads...

Heard some strong arguments against from the field.

Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    I'm hearing mixed reviews. Basically it's big, heavy, recoil, plus the weight of ammo and reloads...
    But...but...OVERMATCH!
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

So it seems SIG might be taking over the role of H&K from previous generations with all the military designs they are getting approved for big contracts. It looks like an interesting design from bottom to top, the ammunition especially seems great but I can't help but wonder about quality. Maybe they work just fine but that's a HUGE roll of the dice considering their track record of beta testing. Maybe the fact that it's for a military contract eliminates that possibility a fair amount?

Site Supporter
    Name:  7BF8A0EF-4B57-40DE-8C8A-021A26A7345F.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  18.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Name:  7BF8A0EF-4B57-40DE-8C8A-021A26A7345F.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  18.2 KB
    More like "always/only releases prototypes to civilians for fun"

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    As someone who has a Gen 1.5 MCX (the one that came out right before the bolt carrier “upgrade”) and Rattler, I’d wait a year or two to let the bugs settle out and go with the Gen2 Spear…
    Last edited by Sensei; 01-29-2023 at 10:24 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

After buying a Sig 551A1 and getting burned on it...then watching it happen again with MCX Gen 1, and MPX Gen 1...

Watching parts disappear for the folded slide Sigs which had 20+ years of adoption and use behind them, virtually overnight...and seeing that continue to play out with guns they had in production for a few years (or more) then dropped (225A1, 239, 220 Compact, 245, etc)

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I think I'm gonna wait a few more years before jumping on this particular bandwagon. But that's just me. And believe me, I'd love a Spear in 308 or 277 Sig or whatever it's called..

Site Supporter
    I still just want a SURG upper...

User Tag List