Thread: EDC X9 with slim safeties

EDC X9 with slim safeties

I sent my EDC X9 back to the mother ship to have them replace the single left sided safety with the slim ambi from the SFX.

It’s small but usable.

Name:  4DA5AC89-7422-40E0-98E4-3690690577D7.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  27.2 KB

Interesting. I’m not a fan of ambis, but wonder if I should have gotten them on my EDC X9, as it’s a self defense firearm, whereas all my other 1911ish guns are competition guns. If I were forced to use my weak and, disengaging a non ambi is awkward, even though I do practice it.

@JCN

I'm not that keen on ambi's and will eventually have left only on a couple of ambi 1911s but that's a nice option.

Now to the real off topic purpose of the reply, FWIW I have recently had the chance to run a few mags each through a Staccato C2 and and EDC X9. I didn't pick up on any Staccato magic in the handling at all. I much preferred the X9 in shooting. The new SF frame 4" gun is pretty appealing to me.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

@JHC

I think the EDC X9 is about as good as a carry 2011 gets.

I think in some ways it’s better thought out and designed than the C2.

As for ambi safeties, I find it helps me have the thumb shelf for weak handed shooting and also if had to draw and shoot lefty, I could just mirror my righty ergos.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @JHC

I think the EDC X9 is about as good as a carry 2011 gets.

I think in some ways it’s better thought out and designed than the C2.

As for ambi safeties, I find it helps me have the thumb shelf for weak handed shooting and also if had to draw and shoot lefty, I could just mirror my righty ergos.
    Both the C2 and X9 were had an optic however the one on the C2 was non-functioning. The X9 had an SRO (nice optic). I shot this (7 yards) group of 5 just as fast as the dot settled which was pretty fast. I was smitten.

The empty weight at about 30 oz empty is IMO is a sweet spot for pistol weight for all around carry and shooting.

Attachment 82753
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List