Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Wilson Combat Launches P365 Grip Modules

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I'd expect grip tape will move around on you, given the module texture and contours.
    I'd put a talon Pro kit on my Razorback and after 6 weeks or so of AIWB and a few
    hundred rounds it's wrinkled and about due for replacement...it might be worth a try
    before the soldering iron though
    I have some really aggressive skateboard tape that I have used on guns and it doesn’t move.

Might think about adding the silicone carbide and epoxy trick.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I'll try this in dry practice today and see if I can get my par times back to what I was before.
    Did my set of Gabe White Technical Skills tests (dry) again today with the P365x+WC module. With the holster change, there is now enough room to get an immediate firm purchase on the grip for the presentation. Made some solid gains on par times over my November timings, in fact, on two drills; the Bill Drill and F2S.

What's bogging down my draw slightly now, is the length of the beavertail. It's impeding a smooth grasp by being just a bit too long. I'd removed the M backstrap with beavertail and installed the M backstrap without beavertail on my G34 for exactly this reason. I doubt I'll dremel the beavertail on the WC (yet), so for the moment I'll train around it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I have some really aggressive skateboard tape that I have used on guns and it doesn’t move.

Might think about adding the silicone carbide and epoxy trick.

What a hot mess, I didn't know people do this to guns. LOL.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I don’t think I’ve ever handled a manual safety 365. Is the safety larger than the one on the Shield? If so, this new module could be the thing that pulls me away from the Shield.
    I know this has been answered by a few people but thought I'd throw my hat in. I generally don't have strong feelings on safety guns, I typically use Glocks and M2.0s that don't have one but I learned to shoot on F-type Berettas and still shoot them a good bit so it's still comfortable for me to use a safety-equipped gun and I don't forget the deactivate motion.

My fiancee, who has carried off and on for years but never practiced much or carried anything quality (we're working on all of that) much prefers a manual safety gun. Initially I couldn't find a MS P365 in stock so I got her a Ruger EC9s. It functions reliably with a variety of ammo but I'm not very fond of it for two reasons. 1.) I have big old hands and my grip activates the slide lock, same problem I've had with classic P-series Rugers. Last time we were at the range the gun stopped twice during operation because my thumb bumped the slide lock up. Easy malfunction to fix but I did not care for it. 2.) The manual safety is tiny and to my feel does not give a strong positive click, so I found myself not knowing if it was on or off at least once. I am still going to keep it (it was cheap as hell and resale is basically nonexistent, and it does run with 4 varieties of JHP) but I needed better for my gal , so I snagged a P365-MS as soon as I could. Vast improvement. Really, really usable safety, neither she or I had any issues operating it for the first range session. More comfortable to shoot by a good bit too, the chubbier/shorter frame is more comfortable to us than the thin EC9s frame.

Not as good as the full-size M&P or M17 safeties, but I wouldn't expect that from a micro-compact. Very good for the category, I think perhaps best-in-category.

Also, for what it's worth, I've owned 2 Shields and currently EDC a Shield Plus. Completely agree with you about the Shield's manual safety, that stupid vertical slider makes the Ruger's safety look like a 1911 safety.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List