Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen 5 Glock 19 Tritium Irons

I'm a fan of the Ameriglo agents

These are what i planned on running if in some dystopian future apocalypse i have to abandon dots and also go back to irons.

I enjoyed the standard, non accuracy oriented variant, enough on my m&p prior to going all dot.

https://handguncombatives.store/coll.../cap-pa-sights
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Ok, I’m arriving at a solution. Need a little more input from those who may have experience with this Heinie rear: https://www.heinie.com/heinie-ledge-...for-glock.html

I want to pair it with a .125 Pro Glo Yellow/Green front from Ameriglo. What height do I need to pair with this to achieve tops of blades POI at 25yds.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Ameriglos, specifically the Protectors always worked fine for me on multiple Gen 5 guns. Even though the sight sets are the same, the POA/POI does differ slightly from pistol to pistol. Get a set of sights you like and then work with them until you know exactly where the POA/POI is for that particular one.

Here is my Qual targets from 25 yards in to 2 yards. FWIW the Protectors have a .140 width front.

Protector sight picture.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Site Supporter
    If this is to be mainly a teaching gun, there is no need for any color or tritium. Go plain black and for that there are options all over. I think after many years of doing this, the Dawson plain black sets are awesome.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Several things to ponder when it comes to Glock sights.

First, ammo matters. POI for different loads can vary in both elevation and windage, but that doesn't really show up until you get to 25 yards.

Second, getting Glock sights to regulate is tricky. I finally bought a set of plain black Glock front sights in every height that Ameriglo makes. When I get a new Glock pistol, I swap front sights until I get the elevation zeroed, then I order a night sight blade in that height.

Third, there is a lot to be said for adjustable sights, even on a carry gun--Pat McNamara has said that he ran BoMars on his work guns back in the day. He also mentioned needing to tweak his zero occasionally due to changes in ammo. I carried a G19 and shot the same gun in IDPA for many years, and that gun had Dawsons. I was shooting about 1k rounds per month and at some point they just stopped working. Turning the windage screws didn't do anything and the windage slide went wherever it wanted whenever it wanted to go there. I replaced the rear sight twice before I went back to fixed sights. If I were to go back to shooting that much, then I'd probably run a Kensight, which is the modern equivalent of the BoMar.

Fourth, sights from Sevigny Precision offered the best combination of speed and precision that I ever found. They weren't available in tritium at the time but they are now. I agree with Mr. Dobbs that a teaching pistol is fine with black irons.

Right now, I'm running a Gen5 G19 MOS (no red dot) with Ameriglo suppressor-height sights. They have an orange front and a plain black rear. They're very fast to pick up and you could rack the slide off of someone'e eye socket should the need arise.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Several things to ponder when it comes to Glock sights.

First, ammo matters. POI for different loads can vary in both elevation and windage, but that doesn't really show up until you get to 25 yards.

Second, getting Glock sights to regulate is tricky. I finally bought a set of plain black Glock front sights in every height that Ameriglo makes. When I get a new Glock pistol, I swap front sights until I get the elevation zeroed, then I order a night sight blade in that height.

Okie John
    That's a great idea. I come at from the other direction: I see where the gun is printing with my preferred load and a "standard" height front sight, then I use Dawson's front sight calculator to figure out what height is needed for my preferred POI.

When searching for a sight of a particular height or width, I find the Ameriglo pdf catalog is much more helpful than their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    That's a great idea. I come at from the other direction: I see where the gun is printing with my preferred load and a "standard" height front sight, then I use Dawson's front sight calculator to figure out what height is needed for my preferred POI.

When searching for a sight of a particular height or width, I find the Ameriglo pdf catalog is much more helpful than their website.
    It all works.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List