Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal .38 Gold Medal wadcutter is currently available direct from Federal. $1/rd

I really want to try these in my Taurus View.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I bought enough to get free shipping.
    I was tempted, but I just cant stomach that sort of price. For someone who can't carry or wont carry handloads, or are required by department policy to carry certain loads, etc... $50/box might be a deal, if they haven't seen it in a year.

For the cost of three boxes from Federal, I can get 1500 coated DEWC from Missouri Bullets. The flip side of the reloading thing right now: primers are above ten cents a pop, generally, and if I had to be buying primers at current prices, instead of using my old stash, my opinion might be vastly different.

Even at $1 a round, I would have been in on it, but they don't ship to Massachusetts. Ugh.

On one hand, I don’t want to condone Vista’s constant upward pricing trends (well above inflation and increased prices of raw materials).

On the other hand, FGMM wadcutters… so…
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Site Supporter
    I had used up my 38 SPL for the most part and didn't restock before crisis hit. I had one box of antique +P Nyclads. It took the road trip to here. When I got my 642 out of FFL, permit prison - that's what I put in it - but not shot. Getting ammo shipped to NY is a pain - it can be done to a FFL but some will ship to you. Thus, I bought recently some 130 gr WWB FMJ for 80 cents. To replace the Nyclad, a box of Critical Defense 110 gr for an outrage price but it fills the gun and some speed strips.

I really don't want to have to pay an FFL fee on top of the ammo prices, so unless I see a firm that will ship to me, I won't be a cool kid with wadcutters (although I did get a bunch of 32 SW Long wadcutters for my 32 revolvers for fun shooting).

Interesting that retail online suppliers that list Norma ammo do not have any in stock but we can order direct from Norma. The same with the 148 grain wad cutters.
    Will this be the new norm manufacturers sell direct where they can to maximize profits?

The Buffalo Bore wad cutters are $35/20 -- makes the Feds seem like a bargain?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Buffalo Bore wad cutters are $35/20 -- makes the Feds seem like a bargain?
    A very fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    On one hand, I don’t want to condone Vista’s constant upward pricing trends (well above inflation and increased prices of raw materials).

On the other hand, FGMM wadcutters… so…
    It's cheap compared to their defense ammo, but I'm out. I see reloading carry ammo in my future.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    It's cheap compared to their defense ammo, but I'm out. I see reloading carry ammo in my future.
    One reason I have been leaning more toward revolver carry. I can load and unload the ammo in the gun for dryfire practice or range time without concern for set back. With a can of bullseye and some wadcutters or lswc I can load a dandy general purpose/defensive round.

User Tag List