Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Federal .38 Gold Medal wadcutter is currently available direct from Federal. $1/rd

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Same positive experience with Velocity Ammo as I had in January; my order of 200xFederal WC I ordered on Saturday night arrived yesterday here in central Florida yesterday with no issues.
    The 500 rounds I ordered came today. Decently packed, with padding all around, and all ten boxes shrink wrapped together. I can't say shipping was fast (FedEx is partly to blame for that) but I wasn't in a hurry in any event. They did have to come 2/3rds of the way across the country.

I don't se any evidence of primer sealant on these rounds, unlike some of the older stuff. It may be present under a black light, and I'll have to check that. Not a deal breaker, though these are primarily intended as carry ammo for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I can't say shipping was fast (FedEx is partly to blame for that) but I wasn't in a hurry in any event. They did have to come 2/3rds of the way across the country.
    Is it just my imagination, or has FedEx gotten worse here recently? Reason I ask is that ONE of the two Cases I ordered at the same time came on Thursday with no fanfare, but the second Case seems to be bouncing back & forth on a FedEx Truck between my little town & Macon, Georgia since Thursday--Go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I don't se any evidence of primer sealant on these rounds, unlike some of the older stuff. It may be present under a black light, and I'll have to check that.
    Just following up on this, I could not find any evidence of primer sealant under a UV flashlight, FWIW.

I'm glad I reload my own 148-gr HBWC's got 100 of them done last night.. Hornady 148-gr HBWC are great.

User Tag List