Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Federal .38 Gold Medal wadcutter is currently available direct from Federal. $1/rd

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Many thanks. I grabbed four boxes of GMM. That is a screaming price.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    12 Cases left as of 11:40 a.m. EST on Sunday, March 3...
    Seven cases left as of 1850 CST 3/3/24.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Site Supporter
    Not sure if it is directly linked to Velocity, but I had not used my card elsewhere in some time and the day after I put in the order my credit card number was stolen. It could be a coincidence or its possible their payment service is lacking encryption, but figured I should give a heads up to keep an eye on your card just in case if you put in an order.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Ditto.

Seven cases left as of 1850 CST 3/3/24.
    OOS @ 1925 EST on 3/4...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Not sure if it is directly linked to Velocity, but I had not used my card elsewhere in some time and the day after I put in the order my credit card number was stolen. It could be a coincidence or its possible their payment service is lacking encryption, but figured I should give a heads up to keep an eye on your card just in case if you put in an order.
    Thanks for the Info--Very sorry that happened to you--FWIW, I've ordered from Velocity 6 or 8 times over the last 2 or 3 years with no problems whatsoever...

Site Supporter
    My order showed up yesterday, 4 day's from order to delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywitt View Post
    Just got 2 boxes of GECO 148gr WC from Miwall for like 97.00. The S&H is what drove the price up to full on ludicrous levels.
    The Geco is IMO the best WC for defense because it's coming out at over 800fps.
    GECO 800fps from a 2" barrel? that would be awesome!

I can confirm that Geco seems to be hotter than Magtech wadcutters

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    My order showed up yesterday, 4 day's from order to delivery.
    Ditto. I'm going to burn through the remainder of the box of Remington I have so I'll just have one brand.

Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    GECO 800fps from a 2" barrel? that would be awesome!
    While that would be awesome, the box I got about a year ago went 637 fps from my 2" Detective Special and 622 fps from my 1-7/8" M49, which puts it on the low end of .38 Special wadcutters IME. I'm pretty sure they use a relatively long barrel (8"?) for their chrono data. The brass reloads fine.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Same positive experience with Velocity Ammo as I had in January; my order of 200xFederal WC I ordered on Saturday night arrived yesterday here in central Florida yesterday with no issues.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Ditto. I'm going to burn through the remainder of the box of Remington I have so I'll just have one brand.

While that would be awesome, the box I got about a year ago went 637 fps from my 2" Detective Special and 622 fps from my 1-7/8" M49, which puts it on the low end of .38 Special wadcutters IME. I'm pretty sure they use a relatively long barrel (8"?) for their chrono data. The brass reloads fine.
    I've still got a half dozen boxes of Geco, they were priced right and pleasant shooting but, I'd agree on the velocity.

User Tag List