Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Federal .38 Gold Medal wadcutter is currently available direct from Federal. $1/rd

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Guys, if you're willing to try current production R-P, a search on Ammoseek shows it in stock at five places at $33-$34/box plus shipping. My range has some for sale and I got a box, it ran 673 fps from my M49 with an SD of 8 for five rounds. It's what I'm using in my M49.
    I definitely agree you could find ammo using ammoseek cheaper. I’ve just gotten to where there are so many sketchy internet sites out there, I’ll tend to be very selective in where I purchase ammo. And in the case of GMM I shoot it so seldom a 100 rounds lasts me quite a while.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I just searched and found none?
    The search terms I used were ".38 Special", "Remington", and "148" for bullet weight.

Here it is on Lucky Gunner's website.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

One thing I noticed about Lucky Gunners 38 Spl tests is that the Federal GMM 38 wadcutters penetrated almost exactly the same distance regardless of whether they were fired from a 2 in. or 4 in. revolver.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    The search terms I used were ".38 Special", "Remington", and "148" for bullet weight.

Here it is on Lucky Gunner's website.
    Doh on me. I still had Federal set as a filter. Thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Federal GMM .38 Special Wadcutters now on sale at Velocity Ammo Sales for $415 a Case or $21.98 a Box, 22 Cases left @ 7:47 pm EST...
    Last edited by mikey357; 03-02-2024 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    Federal GMM .38 Special Wadcutters now on sale at Velocity Ammo Sales for $415 a Case or $21.98 a Box, 22 Cases left @ 7:47 pm EST...
    Many thanks. I grabbed four boxes of GMM. That is a screaming price.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Many thanks. I grabbed four boxes of GMM. That is a screaming price.
    Slightly better than Target Sports price... even with a TS membership. I had seen this in an email from Velocity earlier today, and just placed an order for 500 rounds. I figure it is unlikely I'll find a better deal on this stuff any time soon. I normally shoot my own reloads, so this stuff will be mostly dedicated to carry duty.

Hopefully I can find a 442 UC to shoot some through soon.

Site Supporter
    Thanks, couldn't resist and ordered 5 boxes, I just sent 20+ lb's of .38 brass to G.A. for credit yesterday

Just ordered 10 boxes for my son and I for the revolver round up. I figured we had better start buying some ammo so we aren’t scrambling at the last minute.

Thanks for the heads up.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    12 Cases left as of 11:40 a.m. EST on Sunday, March 3...

User Tag List