Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal .38 Gold Medal wadcutter is currently available direct from Federal. $1/rd

Federal .38 Gold Medal wadcutter is currently available direct from Federal. $1/rd

I posted this in the ammo deals section, but cross posting here, because revolvers. As of the time of this post, it's showing "Available"

Not really a "deal" at a buck a round, but Federal .38 Gold Medal wadcutter is available direct from Federal right now. "Free" shipping on orders over $149...

https://www.federalpremium.com/handg.../11-GM38A.html

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

It just occurred to me it cost me $10 to make sure my LCR still worked last week.

$1 a round.

Geez.

www.normashooting.com has 38 special 158 grain FMJ $26.99/50 if you order over $150 free shipping up for emails get 10% on first order.
    Not a great price but at least some 38 available.
    I checked Federal site 130 grain FMJ $36.99/50

Quote Originally Posted by R89074 View Post
    www.normashooting.com has 38 special 158 grain FMJ $26.99/50 if you order over $150 free shipping up for emails get 10% on first order.
    Not a great price but at least some 38 available.
    I checked Federal site 130 grain FMJ $36.99/50
    The thing is that, around here, a lot of people have been waiting for Gold Medal wadcutters.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    The thing is that, around here, a lot of people have been waiting for Gold Medal wadcutters.
    That is specifically why I bothered posting it.

Frankly, the price is terrible compared to pre-covid (I remember $20/50), and I'm not willing to pay $1/rd myself, but a few folks have been looking for this specific load, and it only seems to come in stock rarely of late, so I posted. If the price was closer to maybe $30/50, I could see buying a few boxes for carry. At $1/rd, I'll just take my chances with the JHP loads I have, or my own wadcutter handloads.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    That is specifically why I bothered posting it.

Frankly, the price is terrible compared to pre-covid (I remember $20/50), and I'm not willing to pay $1/rd myself, but a few folks have been looking for this specific load, and it only seems to come in stock rarely of late, so I posted. If the price was closer to maybe $30/50, I could see buying a few boxes for carry. At $1/rd, I'll just take my chances with the JHP loads I have, or my own wadcutter handloads.
    I haven't spent $1 per round since buying ammo for my 870.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I'll also note I have not seen FGMM .38 available in any of my LGS, or on the various bigger online retailers, since early 2020.

I bought enough to get free shipping.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

A buck a round for wadcutters[emoji15]

Whod’a thought?

User Tag List