Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal .38 Gold Medal wadcutter is currently available direct from Federal. $1/rd

Boy, a day off from work and 400 wadcutters loaded up.

I'm rich

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Boy, a day off from work and 400 wadcutters loaded up.

I'm rich
    I'm still a bit low on brass, but a quick perusal of the handloads locker reveals around that many Lyman 358063s powdercoated and loaded with Red Dot.

No wonder I'm low on 38 Spl brass.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

I just noticed these were back in stock, direct from Federal. My stash of GMM has grown thin, so I picked up a couple boxes just now. I have not seen these in stock for...a while. Although I'm not thrilled with $1 a round, for carry ammo for my LCR, it shoots to point of aim for me.

Price stinks, but at least they're still offering free shipping (starting at three boxes), so...

I just paid $70 for one box with tax and shipping. That hurt.

Ja, the price stinks, for sure.

I was astonished to see it listed, though. I was checking on it, cause I couldn’t remember its Velocity, when I saw the ‘Available’. Federal still had my account, but my address was three houses old. I actually thought it was discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Ja, the price stinks, for sure.

I was astonished to see it listed, though. I was checking on it, cause I couldn’t remember its Velocity, when I saw the ‘Available’. Federal still had my account, but my address was three houses old. I actually thought it was discontinued.
    Thanks for taking the time to find the old thread and post this notice...I would not have looked at Federal's site again in the near future. I have some, and I have some PrecisionOne (that has been completely fine for me) to use at the range, but it's nice to lay in a few more boxes.

Ouch. I have three boxes left, that I bought for $20 each pre Covid. When I get a little lower I’m going to get a couple hundred from Lost River.

Site Supporter
    Guys, if you're willing to try current production R-P, a search on Ammoseek shows it in stock at five places at $33-$34/box plus shipping. My range has some for sale and I got a box, it ran 673 fps from my M49 with an SD of 8 for five rounds. It's what I'm using in my M49.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Guys, if you're willing to try current production R-P, a search on Ammoseek shows it in stock at five places at $33-$34/box plus shipping. My range has some for sale and I got a box, it ran 673 fps from my M49 with an SD of 8 for five rounds. It's what I'm using in my M49.
    I just searched and found none?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List