Thread: Best Factory Optics mounting system currently?

Best Factory Optics mounting system currently?

What is the current best optics mounting system available from the factory? Have seen discussion that the S&W CORE system isnt that great,Glock MOS seems that everyone uses after market plates, so what of the available options is done right and can be trusted?

Site Supporter
    MOS has two issues- terrible OEM plates which are poorly cast metal which is rarely straight with very little thread engagement, and even if you use an aftermarket plate that theoretically fixes all those issues, you still have the small plate screws hidden under the optic. It seems the S&W CORE should be decent as it has screws threaded deep straight through the optic into the slide, but it seems like the plastic OEM plates especially are failing to function as recoil lugs and transferring all the force to the screws, causing serious failures in some instances. I still trust a CORE with an Aluminum plate more than most "plate" options.

I know others speak highly of the FN509 system, and I've seen good remarks on the Walther and HK plate systems, but I have no experience with them.

It is easier than ever to get a "factory" aftermarket pistol like a Shadow Systems MR920, Zev Glock, or Zev P320 among other options which all have factory milling options I would consider to be better than any of the above plate systems. There are also a lot of optics ready 2011s or a Langdon LTT, if those are your thing.

A year ago, Sage Dynamics said 509 was the best factory mounting system.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    A year ago, Sage Dynamics said 509 was the best factory mounting system.
    Well FN was the first, so it would fit if they put the development time in that they would have the most refined version.

Could you link me to why they consider it the best? What distinguishes it from the rest?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Well FN was the first, so it would fit if they put the development time in that they would have the most refined version.

Could you link me to why they consider it the best? What distinguishes it from the rest?
    I think its because all optics thread directly to the slide and only the various recoil bosses are interchangeable, or something

https://youtu.be/Pw2xaBMz_qU

Noah’s video above is the one I was referring to
    David S.

User Tag List