Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Smart guns again

If someone has an idea they want to sell, let the market decide if it's viable. All these ideas come, and go. The free-market is working as intended, hence none of this technology has taken root.

The government should not make the technology mandatory. If there is enough demand for such technology, the manufacturers will adjust.

For any of my firearms that require me to keep them secured and readily accessible, such as my bedside gun (I have children that touch and explore everything), I don't trust electronic locks. I'm generally OK with electronic locks on storage devices that don't require immediate, relatively bomb-proof, access. I don't foresee "smart-gun" technology being something I will embrace, especially when it totally disables the firearm, or requires fingerprint, RFID/NFC, communication.

Anyone surprised?

Last week, we lambasted reports of a new "smart gun" that Reuters raved about in a glowing "exclusive." Reuters reporter Daniel Trotta wrote that the third-generation prototype fired "without issue" during a live-fire demonstration for investors and the media.

Now though, additional footage of the event has since surfaced that shows the LodeStar Works gun couldn't manage to fire two rounds without an issue during one of the exercises.

Whoops.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/technology...-consecutively

https://twitter.com/Christie_Ileto/s...widget%3DTweet

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    Anyone surprised?
    Let's see- we have an exclusive story written after a junket, featuring a glowing review of a new gun that doesn't actually work...

So, Reuters is going into the gun rag business now?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    But practice safe gun?

Sorry. Smart guns will blow over. They are too expensive. Who will pay $1200 for a handgun anyway? Oops.

I want an Iphone with the reliability of an AK47--not the other way around.

User Tag List