Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Drops a Budget T2

War Hogg Tactical - Duty RDS Overview

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    They are never found Trey. They fall into a fissure on the range that goes all the way to the molten core of the earth. Most commonly requested spare part from Aimpoint.
    Somewhere, there is a cosmic vacuum bag, that in this context, contains all those lost springs, detents, caps, 10mm sockets, torx bits, socks, etc. And that's just from this planet!

James Yeager's guy at Range Day SHOT 2022:

Me when I saw Aimpoint was making a new red dot:

RDS came in yesterday. I want to get some pics but haven't gotten around to it.

Initial impressions are good. The optic feels like a good quality item. Lens caps snap shut nicely. Brightness controls seem easy to press but also out of the way and unlikely to be pressed accidentally.

One thing is the sight defaults to a middle setting when shut off. I guess I'd rather have it default to the last brightness setting.

Size seems good. Weight seems good. Barring any funky stuff with buttons wearing out, oddball battery drain or other QC stuff these should be a tremendous seller for AP.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

A couple height comparisons.

First is a Comp M4S with Bobro mount that sets Troy rear and F front sight base at a lower 1/3.

The DRDS is not as bright on maximum compared to the 4S. It is more like Setting 9 on the M4S.

Also, each adjustment step in brightness is two clicks on the knob on the M4.

And here's my Deltapoint Pro on the Leupold mount. Also sets the optic at lower 1/3.

As with the Comp, the height is essentially the same. Note the photo looking through the DP at the DRDS.

Brightness on max is pretty darned close on these two.

Here's a T-1 and LaRue LT660 compared the Duty RDS and factory mount. Note the LT660's marginally taller profile.

When comparing the factory Aimpoint mount to the LaRue, it looks like the LT660 is right at half an inch taller. So if we're saying lower ⅓ co-witness with the 660 and T-1 sets the center of the optic at about 1.65" above the rail we'll be at about 2.15" for the DRDS if used with the LT660. Give or take .10" since I'm just eyeballing it.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Interesting will probably replace my PRO with one of these eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Interesting will probably replace my PRO with one of these eventually.
    No PRO here Neph but I may pick up another 1301T & this will ride nicely in the Aridus CROM w/ Haught mod I bought from Adam today.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 01-23-2022 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    No PRO here Neph but I may pick up another 1301T & this will ride nicely in the Aridus CROM w/ Haught mod I bought from Adam today.
    The Duty RDS looks like it might be too tall to work with the CROM if you care about the ability to use the irons through the optic.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List