Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Drops a Budget T2

Just reading on another forum that the DRDS uses the same lenses and emitter as the T2 so dot clarity will be on par with that optic.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    So what does the T2 have that this new one doesn't?
    Longer battery life
    More illumination settings
    Less weight
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Longer battery life
    More illumination settings
    Less weight
    This is making the Duty RDS seem like a no brainer. I can deal with less battery life as long as it goes a year or two on usable settings. The illumination settings I don't understand whether they would benefit someone using for home defense, maybe having finer adjustments? Weight seems to be splitting hairs from what I can tell, is that factoring in the mount?

Does anybody know how well this will play with a Benelli Supernova Tactical on a picatinny rail from Mesa Tactical? It would appear that it has a removable spacer for low mounting height but not 100% from what I found.

The other thing I'm thinking is this Duty RDS would have an advantage over the T2 as far as the sight picture oclusion from the outline of the optic leaving better field of view around the tube. I really like the looks of this and see at least one in the stable here soon.
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 01-14-2022 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    This is making the Duty RDS seem like a no brainer. I can deal with less battery life as long as it goes a year or two on usable settings. The illumination settings I don't understand whether they would benefit someone using for home defense, maybe having finer adjustments? Weight seems to be splitting hairs from what I can tell, is that factoring in the mount?
    Sight alone.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

This looks like just the thing for my APC9. Looks like there will be one in my future unless some bad news comes out like happened with the P1 battery life.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I am going to snag one, and drop it on a Mossberg 590A1 SBS to play with. I have been buying used 4 MOA H-1's for my shotguns, that had been a real sweet spot for an RDS.

I like the idea of the Magpul SGA stock where you can vary the comb height. I also have a Mossberg Flex stock with the raised comb.

Should be a fun project. Joe Strohman is going to get more of my money - they are good people!

Wayne - thanks for the tip on the Mil\LE\First Responder program.

Got tracking number from Strohman Enterprises already!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    What I don't understand is how are these available and ready to ship on day one, but the Acro P2 is still basically vaporware...

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    What I don't understand is how are these available and ready to ship on day one, but the Acro P2 is still basically vaporware...
    Maybe they learned that lesson already and weren't keen on repeating the mistake over again.

User Tag List