Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Drops a Budget T2

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Anybody know when they are forecasting having any reasonable quantities available for purchase?
    If you're on the LE/Mil/First Responder program, you can order right now for immediate delivery. Get in touch with me if you need help or just go to aimpoint.us and set up the account starting at the LE/Mil button. That program is very inclusive (like if you have a DD214, you're in).
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    I think for starters it looks like it needs a tool to adjust windage and elevation? Not a big deal but irksome.
    My thinking is for a patrol optic, that’s a benefit - especially issued devices. Less opportunity for stupid people to screw things up fiddlefarting around.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    If you're on the LE/Mil/First Responder program, you can order right now for immediate delivery. Get in touch with me if you need help or just go to aimpoint.us and set up the account starting at the LE/Mil button. That program is very inclusive (like if you have a DD214, you're in).
    Yeah, I saw that and sadly I can't order that way. Was hoping these might get into civilian hands by the springtime but given the P-2 fiasco that might be asking for too much here.

Any additional tech info to share here, as someone who's looking at this against the T2 I'm quite curious what one might give up with the Duty RDS comparatively other than saving some money.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My thinking is for a patrol optic, that’s a benefit - especially issued devices. Less opportunity for stupid people to screw things up fiddlefarting around.
    Clearly, Heavy Duty knows what he speaks of. Removing the ability to f**k with critical gear is a plus for LE/Mil optics. Plus, there are now no Micro adjustment turret caps to lose!

Clearly, Heavy Duty knows what he speaks of. Removing the ability to f**k with critical gear is a plus for LE/Mil optics. Plus, there are now no Micro adjustment turret caps to lose!
    Indeed! I’m pretty sure there are patrol cars across the county littered with H2 turret caps… I find them occasionally on the range. I need to find another for mine since I lost a student’s while adjusting and gave him mine. I figure If I spend about ten minutes in the grass on the 50 yard line I’ll come up with one.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Normal config is bad enough with some LCDs. Then, I had a troop install those inserts and caps that allow you to adjust your T1/T2. Yeah, that didn't work out.

Beware, the LCD and the bored.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I can see some ability to adjust "on the fly" being important in some application but not really for a patrol carbine.

In most cases the optic will be zeroed at 50 or maybe 100 yards with duty ammo and left alone. If training ammo is used for drills these ranges are likely to be relatively close with any disparity between loads ignored.

Any training that may include shooting at 200 or 300 yards (aside from discussions on threat ID and likelihood of being in jeopardy at these distances) should best be conducted with whatever established zero and then with duty ammo to give officers the best understanding of how the duty ammo may actually shoot at long-ish range.

Zero it and then leave it alone. Check zero if in doubt by popping BUIS up and verifying dot's relationship to the irons.

Just an assumption on my part that this is pretty common among LE. Another assumption is many (or at least some) internal parts and circuits are shared with the ACRO to help lower cost.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Indeed! I’m pretty sure there are patrol cars across the county littered with H2 turret caps… I find them occasionally on the range. I need to find another for mine since I lost a student’s while adjusting and gave him mine. I figure If I spend about ten minutes in the grass on the 50 yard line I’ll come up with one.
    They are never found Trey. They fall into a fissure on the range that goes all the way to the molten core of the earth. Most commonly requested spare part from Aimpoint.

Wayne, is there a spacer to bring the height up to a lower 1/3 witness?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Wayne, is there a spacer to bring the height up to a lower 1/3 witness?
    I'd imagine there will be from the aftermarket fairly soon.

User Tag List