Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Drops a Budget T2

I'm also really hoping this fits the existing micro footprint. If so I may get one of these to try an offset red dot with an LPVO. At $400-500 it's much easier to justify than spending $700 on a T2 as a secondary optic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris17404 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Let me clarify. The top 2 brightness settings are nuclear bright. The 3rd is ok. But after that the brightness drops way down such that even indoors the dot doesn't stand out too much.
    Same comment. For indoor daytime use, I have to drop it down 4 notches or so. Same with shooting outdoors on an overcast day.

For indoor use with poor lighting I keep it up higher just so it doesn't get washed out by WML use, but even still it's not at the highest two settings.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I'm probably the only person that is excited to pair this new Aimpoint with one of these but I'm used to being different.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I'm probably the only person that is excited to pair this new Aimpoint with one of these but I'm used to being different.
    I believe Ranger Point Precision has something similar in the works. Maybe even for pistol-size optics to really minimize size/weight, not sure.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I believe Ranger Point Precision has something similar in the works. Maybe even for pistol-size optics to really minimize size/weight, not sure.
    Outstanding. I've already got a set of XS sights, and a Vortex Venom mounted on my 1894c as a proof of concept. Red Dots and pistol caliber lever actions go together like peanut butter and jelly. Now that we've established that I like the idea, I want to buy some flavor of higher end red dot for the rifle, and move the Vortex over to one of my .22s. This Aimpoint announcement is timely.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm just concerned it won't cowitness interchangeably with the Micros.

https://youtu.be/8RUO-V9BSnc?t=15
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Anybody know the forecasted pricing on these? MSRP? Street Price?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    MSRP is 500 USD. Current pro deal pricing direct from Aimpoint is 450 USD. I expect that Strohman would be even cheaper than that, given that they regularly beat Aimpoint pro pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    MSRP $499
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Curious if these, or at least the initial batches, will be LEO only or also available to the unwashed masses.

User Tag List