Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Aimpoint Drops a Budget T2

Any recent experiences with this Aimpoint? I'm thinking of picking one up for my Steyr AUG.

It is not taking a beating because of the relatively weak cartridge, but I am plenty happy with the one I have on my PS90 in a direct low mount built for the T1 version. Had it a few months and a several hundred rounds, I cannot tell the difference in my use case Vs the more expensive ones. Very clear glass.

Site Supporter
    Hello, all. For those of you who have experience using the new Duty RDS optic how is the visual clarity and "blue tint"? Some reviews online have suggested that the blue tint is much more noticeable than the T2, while other pics I've seen online don't portray much at all. Thinking of picking one of these up for a lightweight AR. What is your experience? Thanks.

https://soldiersystems.net/2022/09/2...s-optic-mount/

You lose the integrated irons, due to the mount being lower overall. Wonder what sights would be able to use the lower window, maybe the Troy low flip-up sights?

How are these shaking out? Wanting to an aimpoint for my home defense carbine

Any recent, or updated, experiences with these sights?

I have a new one on the PS90, but I’m still not cleared to shoot so it’s unfired.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

*Deleted, my point was covered ad nauseam in the thread and not needed.
    Last edited by stomridertx; 08-15-2023 at 04:55 PM.

I haven’t put a ton of rounds through the one on my APC9 yet. It hasn’t broken on me but my round count is only something like 200-250. It definitely feels more like a smaller PRO than a budget T2. It doesn’t have as good light transmission as the T2 and has a noticeable, but faint, blue tint. The brightness settings also don’t seem to be as bright as the T2. Between a Duty RDS and a PRO, I’d get the Duty. The T2 is better but it’s also substantially more expensive. I wish the Duty had been available in a 4 MOA variant but I also wish the same about the T2.

I actually kind of like the idea of the torx windage and elevation controls. It’s good from a lowest common denominator, mass issue point of view. People won’t just be able to dick with their zeroes without having to find a specific tool first. I guess the same could be accomplished by taking the caps from everyone’s Micro.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List