Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Drops a Budget T2

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    I'm also really hoping this fits the existing micro footprint. If so I may get one of these to try an offset red dot with an LPVO. At $400-500 it's much easier to justify than spending $700 on a T2 as a secondary optic.
    It is but it appears that the optic base itself is thicker meaning it will sit higher than a T2 or T2 clone like a Holosun 403R on the same mount.

Site Supporter
    Do we think it might be a Comp M5S type height? I think a M5S mounted on a 1.54" micro mount is roughly a 1.93" height- which I really like for red dots.

I for one am thrilled to see this. I don't really like the old ring and tube format of the earlier pros. I despise having to buy products from China so I am glad there is a "reasonably" priced option out there that doesn't make me sick. If these are around $450 and stuff like Holosuns ore $255 I know I will just fork out the extra cash. Good job aim point.

So what does the T2 have that this new one doesn't?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    So what does the T2 have that this new one doesn't?
    My understanding is this new optic has different electronics than the T2.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Anybody know when they are forecasting having any reasonable quantities available for purchase?

I just got a PRO but decided to return it unused to Brownell's after seeing this, great timing if I can actually get one this year.

I also just bought a T2 and am seriously considering returning that one also and just getting a couple of these RDS to replace. What would I really be giving up here over the T2 other than high cost?
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 01-12-2022 at 09:38 PM.

Lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Anybody know when they are forecasting having any reasonable quantities available for purchase?

I just got a PRO but decided to return it unused to Brownell's after seeing this, great timing if I can actually get one this year.

I also just bought a T2 and am seriously considering returning that one also and just getting a couple of these RDS to replace. What would I really be giving up here over the T2 other than high cost?
    The most accurate answer is, nobody who is talking knows what you will be giving up with this optic over a T2. Time will tell.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I think for starters it looks like it needs a tool to adjust windage and elevation? Not a big deal but irksome.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    I think for starters it looks like it needs a tool to adjust windage and elevation? Not a big deal but irksome.
    It comes with a tool to do all the functions: mounting and adjustment. You also have one already: a Torx - 10
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List