Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Shooting gloves in cold climates

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Im not tough like that any more, when it gets cold I just want to go to Arizona.

https://www.weatherforyou.com/report...it=Get+Weather
    Yesterday I skipped the pre-dawn walk/ruck with the pupper because . . . meh low twenties, kinda breezy . . . I use to embrace that brand of suck. Now I'm like . . . it's doesn't suck in here (coffee)
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Yesterday I skipped the pre-dawn walk/ruck with the pupper because . . . meh low twenties, kinda breezy . . . I use to embrace that brand of suck. Now I'm like . . . it's doesn't suck in here (coffee)

Talking to an old friend several years ago that I used to camp with quite a bit, i said "Im not as tough as i used to be, I dont like sleeping on the ground that much any more", he replied "Im as tough as I used to be, I just want to be tough at home now".

Guess i can related to that, theres been a number of times ive spent the day up in the mountains with the dogs, at the end of the day standing looking at a spectacular camp spot with utterly amazing views, thinking how long to set up camp, then how long to drive home and be able to sleep in my own bed....

Dog walking, however, is pretty much going to happen no matter what, unless truly extreme or unsafe to be out. The dog doesnt care if its a blizzard, or pouring rain, shes ready for a walk just about any time.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Talking to an old friend several years ago that I used to camp with quite a bit, i said "Im not as tough as i used to be, I dont like sleeping on the ground that much any more", he replied "Im as tough as I used to be, I just want to be tough at home now".

Guess i can related to that, theres been a number of times ive spent the day up in the mountains with the dogs, at the end of the day standing looking at a spectacular camp spot with utterly amazing views, thinking how long to set up camp, then how long to drive home and be able to sleep in my own bed....

Dog walking, however, is pretty much going to happen no matter what, unless truly extreme or unsafe to be out. The dog doesnt care if its a blizzard, or pouring rain, shes ready for a walk just about any time.
    With 2 little kids I'm so trailsick. I'll take a bed full of rocks to be 20 miles from a road.

My son's almost old enough to sleep under the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    With 2 little kids I'm so trailsick. I'll take a bed full of rocks to be 20 miles from a road.

My son's almost old enough to sleep under the stars.
    That would be cool to raise kids up into camping out under the stars. Good work!
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

That would be cool to raise kids up into camping out under the stars. Good work!
    Thanks
    I work 2nd shift but the nights I'm home we'll sit out under the stars for a few minutes. If it's really cold I'll carry him out and stand and look for a minute then head back in. A few months ago we saw one of the brightest shooting stars I've ever seen.

He's a good hiker. I just hope he likes camping. When we go for a hike he talks about how much fun backpacking is even though he's never done an overnight trip

And just like that Magpul comes to the rescue......

https://magpul.com/magpul-flight-glove-2.html

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    And just like that Magpul comes to the rescue......

https://magpul.com/magpul-flight-glove-2.html
    Thats basically what I’m trying to give away, but in sage green. I just had kidney surgery and haven’t felt like pulling my flight bin down or I’d already be advertising. I know I have at least three pairs in size 9 or 10; can’t remember.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Thats basically what I’m trying to give away, but in sage green. I just had kidney surgery and haven’t felt like pulling my flight bin down or I’d already be advertising. I know I have at least three pairs in size 9 or 10; can’t remember.
    I love those old flight gloves, when my brother was first in the military he gave me a pair, that sage green is my favorite color. When you’re feeling up to it, I’ll take them off your hands. Let me know what you want for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhitman View Post
    I love those old flight gloves, when my brother was first in the military he gave me a pair, that sage green is my favorite color. When you’re feeling up to it, I’ll take them off your hands. Let me know what you want for them.
    I've got a pair of the black, forearm length nomex flight gloves we were issued with our SRT back in the day. The length is more than I'd want for any regular usage, but they were handy on call outs.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Just put two pairs in the karma section

User Tag List